Flexible pay helps prevent job cuts
- The Wright stuff. Crabb, Steve // People Management;01/26/95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p28
Presents an interview with Vicky Wright, United Kingdom managing director of Hay Management Consultants on her profession. How she started her career; How she became in her career; Three questions to ask oneself when considering a new job.
- IS HR'S FUTURE TOO FEMALE? West, Dave // People Management;4/6/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p9
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about Vicky Wright, first female president-elect of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, in the December 29, 2005 issue.
- The Snow Lay on the Ground. // Hymn: A Journal of Congregational Song;Autumn2007, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p68
The article reviews the sheet music for the Anglo Irish carol "The Snow Lay on the Ground," arranged by Vicki Hancock Wright and published by Choristers Guild.
- Wright reviews her time as president. // People Management;11/25/2010, p8
The article features Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) president Vicky Wright and her plans of resigning in 2010.
- Wright on track. Scott, Anna // People Management;12/29/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 25, p14
This article reports on the election of Vicky Wright as president of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
- Downsizings going down. Boles, Margaret; Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p21
Reveals that only a quarter of American organizations that downsized in 1994 expect to downsize again from 1998 to 2000. Development of long-range, strategic workforce plans to control need for future downsizing.
- Lay-offs don't guarantee an increase in profits. Stevens, John // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p58
Looks at evidence in the United States which suggests that downsizing does not always improve a firm's profitability. Reasons for downsizing; Relation of downsizing to profit; Relation of downsizing to return on equity.
- The dangers of following the herd into downsizing drives. Baillie, John // People Management;11/16/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 23, p53
Studies on the effects of downsizing of companies in the United States. Questions raised on the importance of downsizing; Findings from Kenneth De Meuse and his colleagues' report on the logic of downsizing.
- Downsizing trend continues. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 11 Issue 63, p28
Reveals the percentage of companies in the United States that have slashed their workforces in 1989.