Skanska pledges to move on from blacklist scandal
- Construction staff in e-learning pilot. // IT Training;Jun2002, p8
Reports the electronic learning initiative for builders and construction site workers at construction firm Skanska in Sweden. Use of electronic modules on concrete cube production; Role of the Construction Industry Training Board in the development of the training module; Effectiveness of...
- Swedes win huge contract. Reina, Peter // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/4/95, Vol. 235 Issue 23, p14
Reports that a consortium led by Sweden's Skanska AB, Malmo, won two contracts to build a bridge and its approaches for the Oresund fixed link between Denmark and Sweden. Total value of contract signed by Sund Link Contractors; Reasons for using a double deck design; Description of the structure.
- Skanska on a buying spree. Schriener, Judy // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/20/94, Vol. 232 Issue 25, p13
Reports on the Swedish megacontractor Skanska AB's expansion of U.S. holdings. Three firms bought by Skanska; AB's strategy; 1993 construction revenue; Acquisitions; Subsidiary.
- Skanska keeps buying. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/6/95, Vol. 234 Issue 9, p30
Reports on Skanska AB's purchase of construction companies in the United States and in Europe. Expansion of German activities; Acquisition plans.
- Bombs removed from work site. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/06/97, Vol. 239 Issue 14, p41
Reports on contractor Skanska-Foundation's discovery of aerial bombs, artillery shells, land mines and grenades at the Ferihegy International Airport in Budapest, Hungary. Site as a former German ammunition dump struck hard by Allied bombers during World War II; Expansion of the airport's terminal.
- US success for Skanska. // International Construction;May97, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p8
Reports on Sweden-based construction company Skanska's winning of a motorway contract in the United States.
- Skanska Wins $88M Contract for Beacon High School in Hell's Kitchen. Stratton, Kelly // National Real Estate Investor Exclusive Insight;8/15/2012, p4
The article reports on the contract between Skanska, a project development and construction firm and New York City School Construction Authority (NYCSCA) for the conversion of the book storage facility at the New York Public Library into Beacon High School in the television show "Hell's Kitchen."
- MOSCOW AIRPORT WILL BE REBUILT. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/15/99, Vol. 242 Issue 11, p25
Deals with the agreement between Skanska, a construction company, and Moscow's Sheremetyevo International Airport in Russia to rebuild its facility. Cost of the agreement; Components of its initial study; Details on the first phase of its construction;
- Here's one we made earlier. Reeves, Jo // Green Futures;Jan2008, Issue 67, p44
The article evaluates the prefabricated housing model from Skanska.