Walker review: 'Give Neds bigger role.'
- More banks putting directors to work drumming up business. Rhoads, Christopher // American Banker;1/3/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 2, p5
Reports that in the bank community today, the role of the bank director's job is that of selling and not only one of prestige. Banking competition the reason; Comments from Richard B. Foster Junior, president of Banconsult Incorporated; Views. INSET: Bank CEOs rate their boards..
- Directors' best defense is good record. Cosgrove, Thomas F. // American Banker;9/21/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 182, p18
Opinion. Comments on the fiduciary obligations of a bank director. Creation of safe havens by regulators; Role of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.; Difficulties faced by directors at troubled or failing banks.
- New breed of directors is tougher, harder to keep. Rhoads, Christopher // American Banker;8/9/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 152, p8
Reports on the emergence of community bank directors in the United States with a more active and exacting role. Case of Grant County Bank of Ulysses, Kansas; Factors that precipitated the change in bank directors' role; Mixed results of transformation of bank directors.
- To attract headquarters, Virginia opens doors to... Rhoads, Christopher // American Banker;4/3/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 64, p6
Reports that Virginia is allowing entire boards of directors of its banks to reside in other states, in an effort to attract headquarters. Information on bill eliminating residency requirements; Full interstate branching implemented in Virginia; Comments from Michael L. Toalson, senior vice...
- Director candidates urged to look before leaping. Atkinson, Bill // American Banker;5/23/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 98, p6
Presents a list of questions a person who plans to be a director should ask bank management before accepting the position. Liability insurance for directors and officers; Pending suits against the bank; Loans made by the institution; Perception of the bank by examiners; Code of ethics.
- Wanted: Directors who work for the stakeholders. Nadler, Paul // American Banker;9/26/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 185, p7
Discusses the privileges and duties of bank directors. Insurance from bank failures; Categories of bank directors; Issue of renumeration.
- Ex-Bank of N.Y. vice chairman on commercial of N.Y.'s board. Fontana, Dominick // American Banker;3/6/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 44, p6
Reports on the appointment, election and promotion of several bank officers in the United States. Includes Samuel F. Chevalier as member of the board of directors of the Commercial Bank of New York and Michael S. Patterson as chairman of Triangle Bancorp and Triangle Bank; Previous posts of...
- Leaders in leading. Foster-Gibson, Vanessa // Corporate Detroit;Apr/May97, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p48
Recommends top executives in Detroit-area banks which can guide a person in making an investment in mutual funds or money market certificates. Information about the executives and their banks.
- No easier times ahead. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Feb1994, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p6
Presents Towers Perrin's survey on the cost-cutting measures of bank directors.