Ecology, the Next Apartheid
- Thou shalt be known by thy works: Environmentalism redux. Abernethy, Virginia // Population & Environment;Jul95, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p483
Editorial. Emphasizes that business sector and environmental values are not mutually exclusive and recommends private commitment to achieve environmental goals. Evidence of support of environmental values by business sector; Reasons for neglect of conservation goals.
- Being cruel to be kind. Kaufman-Rosen, Leslie; Underwood, Anne // Newsweek;10/17/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 16, p51
Surveys how some `socially responsible' businesses have found they couldn't stay pure and still make a profit. Examples of the Calvert Group, Ben & Jerry's and the Body Shop; Arnold Hiatt, former Stride Rite chief and cochair of Businesses for Social Responsibility; Details of the companies'...
- Corrections. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/10/2009, Vol. 263 Issue 5, p5
Corrections to articles published in the August 3, 2009 issue are presented including the Top 200 Environmental Firms and the ranking of Earth Consulting Group Inc. on the list.
- ANNEX 2: COMPANIES INTERVIEWED FOR THE ANALYSIS. // OECD Environment Working Papers;11/30/2011, Issue 39, p54
Information on companies assessed for their adaptation to climate change including Bayer, AngloGold Ashanti and Entergy is presented.
- ANNEX 3: ADDITIONAL ADAPTATION EXAMPLES. // OECD Environment Working Papers;11/30/2011, Issue 39, p55
Information on companies engaged in adaptation efforts to climate change including Monsanto, Severn Trent Water and Google is presented.
- Progressing toward a SUSTAINABLE SOCIETY. Espahbodi, Reza // TK...Topeka's Business Magazine;Winter2012, p54
The article discusses the responsibility of businesses to report and measure the social and environmental impact of their operations on the community in Topeka, Kansas. It provides a detailed understanding on how sustainability report communicates the company's actions and commitment to...
- CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: A COMPARISON OF THE UNITED STATES AND SLOVENIA DURING THE CURRENT RECESSION. Baglione, Stephen L.; Žabkar, Vesna; Pogorelc, Simona // International Journal of Business & Public Administration;Winter2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p99
The article presents a study which examines the impact of global recession on the corporate social responsibility (CSR) practices adopted by companies in the U.S. and Slovenia. The study conducts a survey evaluating the perceptions of college and undergraduate students in both countries about...
- Putting green issues front of the queue. Marshall, Richard // Precision Marketing;3/9/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p16
The author reflects on the need for serious consideration of environmental issues by all business sectors. He asserts that the pressures put on businesses enable businesspeople to consider their environmental credentials. He contends that every business sector should play an active role in...
- Chamber launches 'Green Business' initiative for environmental firms. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/12/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p29
The article reports that the Greater Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce in Indiana has launched the Green Business initiative to promote environmentally responsible firms that conserve natural resources and eliminate waste. According to the author, the initiative is led by Sanford Garner, the...