Solutions for a Sensitive Bereavement Issue
- discussions online... // Personnel Today;
The article presents questions and answers related to personnel management in Great Britain including the possibility of an employee for dismissal and factors to be considered in improving sickness absence of a small to medium-sized company.
- HR Q&A. // HR Specialist;Oct2015, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p4
The article presents questions and answers related to human resources (HR), including questions relating to the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA), the legality of posting personal employee information in a company's employee directory and the reverification of expired green cards.
- Employers Should Be Ready to Implement Paid Sick Leave Law Requirements. Linehan, Jessica // Orange County Business Journal;12/1/2014, Vol. 37 Issue 48, pB-46
The article discusses the requirements of the Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act of 2014 in California. It encourages employers to implement the paid sick leave law requirements as the Act will be enforced effective July 1, 2015. Under the law, employers must provide paid sick leave to any...
- THE FAMILY MEDICAL LEAVE ACT: CALCULATING THE "HOURS OF SERVICE" FOR THE REINSTATED EMPLOYEE. Shepard, Joan M. // Marquette Law Review;Fall2008, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p173
The article examines the hours an employee that would have worked during a wrongful termination should count toward the hours for Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) in the U.S. The author gives a brief history of the FMLA and outlines the requirements that need to be met for an employee to qualify...
- Should staffer get indefinite leave for anxiety and stress disorder? // Legal Alert for Supervisors;3/1/2013, Vol. 8 Issue 187, p4
The article presents a court ruling that found the employer failed to engage in the interactive process required in accommodating or refusing employee request under the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- 4 FMLA strategy tips: How to certify intermittent leave. // HR Specialist: New York Employment Law;Aug2012, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p4
The article offers information on the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) certification which is one of the most important document that employers should ask for their employees who file for an FMLA intermittent leave. It states that FMLA certification can help fight against leave abuses. It...
- New programme for personnel/training management. // Management Services;Sep82, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p30
Guild Training has released a new tape programme "Self certification and ESSP." This programme will provide details of recent legislation in sick pay procedure and the control of absence behaviour. In April 1983, under the Employers Statutory Sick Pay Scheme, employers will become responsible...
- Dealing with Executives; Layoffs and the FMLA; Demographic Data. Scott, Lesa Albright; Lee, Yvette; Maingault, Amy // HR Magazine;Apr2009, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p24
The article explores the views of human resources (HR) professionals on different personnel management issues in the U.S. Lesa Albright Scott offers tips for handling chief executive officers (CEOs) who will not listen to warnings of legal risks or other bad decisions. She explains that it is...
- Checklist for Employers to Comply with New California Laws. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2014 Q4, p1
The article provides tips to employers on how to comply with California employment laws that will go into effect on January 1, 2015. Topics covered include information on mandatory sick leave posting and notice requirements under the Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act of 2014, which is set...