Retention Strategies that Respond to Worker Values
- The Four Career Concepts. Llewellyn, Robert N. // HR Magazine;Sep2002, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p121
Talks about how managers can better develop their employees through understanding their career motivations. Description of the four career concepts; Development of a personal development plan according to each employee's career motivation; Application of the career concepts to employee retention.
- Retain Top Talent. Dutra, Ana // Leadership Excellence;Sep2010, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p18
The author suggests steps that employers can take in order to retain their good employees. One is to revisit their strategic plan and align retention decisions with strategic outlook. Another is to retain the best from both groups of all-stars and solid performers by meeting their distinctive...
- Design an Effective Rewards Program. Tyler, Kathryn // HRMagazine;Oct2011, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p94
The article offers tips on designing an effective rewards program for employees in the workplace. Steps include determining the desired result, the behaviors needed to achieve the goal, and rewarding desired behaviors accordingly. That the behaviors continue well after the program ends is an...
- How to attract, keep, motivate employees. Smith, Gregory P. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p25
Discusses how to retain and motivate employees in diverse and constantly-changing work environments. Provision of a positive and attractive work environment; Reward and recognition for employees' efforts; Development of workers' skills and potential.
- retain and motivate the next generation: 7 ways to get the most out of your millenial workers. Fallon, Tip // Supervision;May2009, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p5
Finding and keeping good, young talent can be challenging for any business. And in today's economy, the next generation can hold the key to boosting your bottom line. Most new graduates are eager to showcase their talents in the workplace, have not picked up bad working habits from years of...
- Recognition spurs better business. Clapper, Casey // Aftermarket Business;Jun2007, Vol. 117 Issue 6, p6
No abstract available.
- The Lost Key to Retention Starts With How You Take Care of Your Staff. Harris, Amanda // Club Industry;Dec2009, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p20
No abstract available.
- Managing Work Force Realities. Sorenson, Steve // Credit Union Executive Journal;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p32
Suggests several tips for credit unions on personnel management. Changes in the efforts of chief executive officers to effectively staff their credit unions; Tips on the recruitment and selection of employees for credit unions; Suggestions on how to retain and motivate employees.
- Safeway retention success. Roberts, Zoe // People Management;8/28/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p8
Reports on the success of an employee retention and motivation strategy implemented by Safeway, a supermarket chain in Great Britain, as of August 2003. Objective behind the effort; Financial challenge facing the company; Outcomes of the strategy.