HRMS Integration Gets Easier
- HR's `great enabler'. Greengard, Samuel // Industry Week/IW;09/15/97, Vol. 246 Issue 17, p63
Discusses how intranets have revolutionized human resources (HR) departments' operations in North America. Storage and dissemination of HR information; Use of extranets; Benefits derived from the Web; Reduction of recruiting costs; Sophistication of HR software and systems; Data accuracy;...
- Good planning smooths the way. Kaufmann, Amanda J.S. // InfoWorld;03/16/98, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p81
Discusses the importance of succession planning for companies in anticipation of the departure of information technology (IT) staff. Establishment of an outline of employees' predominant skills; Development of skill sets that are lacking or need to be shared; Forecasting the needs of the...
- Staffing tactics. Harreld, Heather // Network World;10/23/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p91
Focuses on companies' efforts to avoid losing their information technology (IT) staff to headhunting efforts of rival firms in the United States as of October 23, 2000. Fringe benefits offered by employers to their IT staff.
- HR taking the lead in choosing IT systems. Evans, Jill; Welch, Jilly // People Management;07/10/97, Vol. 3 Issue 14, p20
Focuses on the discussions during the Computers in Personnel and Training conference. Taking control of an organization's information technology (IT) systems by its personnel department; Feedback from delegates and exhibition visitors of the conference; Warning of speakers against focusing too...
- Careering towards a crisis? Murphy, Claire // Director;Oct2002, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p82
Focuses on human resources (HR) management in Great Britain. Impact of information technology on HR; Description of HR people; Challenge for HR department across Great Britain. INSETS: HR strategy and the small business;The solution provider;HR strategy and customer relations.
- JOBS OF THE future. Schmidt, Lucinda // BRW;11/24/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p62
Asserts that human resource management-related positions will become the most important jobs in the future as of November 24, 2000. Growth in importance of knowledge management for companies' business operations; Decline in importance of information technology jobs. INSET: YOUR NEW CAREER..
- What's New. // HR Magazine;Oct2005, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p141
Presents several computer software and tools for human resource professionals. AutoTrak software tool from OCCU-TEC Inc.; Web-based cost modeling tool from ADP Benefit Services; Corda CenterView performance management tool from CORDA Technologies.
- Ready or Not? Is HR Ready for Analytics? Jones, Katherine // Workforce Solutions Review;Nov2015, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p35
The article examines whether human resource departments are ready for data analytics as of November 2015. It discusses the study conducted in 2013 which revealed that only a small percentage of personnel departments have invested in data analytics and are not ready for data analysis. Other...
- Push for the use of centralised data. Pollonais, San // Computer Weekly;8/11/2009, p14
In this article, the author discusses how rigorous enrolment procedures and standardized data entry save time and money. According to the author, human resource (HR) and finance departments should adopt reliable procedures that ensure data is centrally referenced at all stages. The author says...