A Tale of Two Motivators
- Ask Us. Kelly, Katy; Silver, Marc // U.S. News & World Report;11/17/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 17, p72
Answers the question of how to cope with annoying motivational posters in the office with information about Despair Inc., which makes posters for the toxic workplace. Formation of the company by Justin Sewell, brother Jef, and friend Lawrence Kersten; Web site of the company; Amount of online...
- Motivation Strategy. Stern, Gerry; Borcia, Yvette // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on personnel management strategies to motivate employees. Recognition of business scenarios that erode motivation; Suggestion to implement economic rewards to motivate employees; Offering of opportunities for career growth.
- Retaining Top Talent. Zingheim, Patricia K. // Executive Excellence;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p20
Provides six principles in developing a reward system to enhance employee performance. Creation of a positive and natural reward incentive; Alignment of rewards with business goals to create a win-win partnership; Recognition of individual ongoing value with base pay.
- Modern leadership is a motivation matter. // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p13
Reports on survey findings indicating a moderate level of motivation among employees in Great Britain, as of November 1997. Lesser identification of employees with their companies; Growing sense of insecurity in workplaces; Role of leadership in motivating employees. INSET: Soundbites..
- Motivating employees. // Credit Union Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p56
Focuses on motivating employees. Work culture and environment; Use of incentives in motivating employees; Incentives directed at individuals or groups.
- 'Take Back My Paycheck!'. Weitz, Gerry // Pest Management Professional;Apr2010, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p12
The article presents the author's view concerning the need for employers to communicate things that will make employees feel that employers care about their personal and family welfare as well as their careers at the company.
- Profitable prescription for lazy, hazy days of summer. Tortorici, Robert // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;05/11/98, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p13
Presents several tips for motivating employees to work during the lazy days of summer. Holding vacations; Developing flextime plans; Rooftop or parking-lot picnics.
- Motivating your entry-level employees. Gallagher, Rich // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;05/11/98, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p15
Presents several tips for motivating a company's entry-level employees. Recognition of the importance in every job; Focusing on increasing value; Handing out plenty of respect equity.
- Managing the talent pool and keeping dry. John, Simon // Design Week;5/22/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p13
Offers advise on how to manage talented people. Need to alert the talented, and others, to their talent; Necessity of enabling the individual to perform and develop; Importance of inspiring and stimulating talent.