Americans Work; Europeans Play
- Sick Pay VA Well Pay: An Analysis of the Impact of Rewarding Employees for Being on the Job. Harvey, Barron H.; Rogers, Jerome F.; Schultze, Judy A. // Public Personnel Management;Summer83, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p218
Focuses on the variations of employees fringe benefits in public and private sectors in the U.S. Examination of the sick pay and leave pay program; Deals on the absenteeism of employees; Impact of fringe benefits on employees.
- Unfurling paid family leave. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;8/15/2003, Issue 323126, p3
Focuses on the status of the proposal of paid family leave in California. Tenets of the proposal; Reasons for difficulties in implementing the proposal; Name of the bill which is affecting the implementation of the proposal.
- Private Sector Employee Benefits, 1996-97. Foster, Ann C. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Summer2000, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p17
Describes benefits and coverage provided to all private industry employees from 1996-1997. Types of benefits and coverage; Comparison of the benefits of part-time and full-time employees.
- Workers compensation and 'leave forms.'. Howard, Carol // Education (00131156);May2011, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p10
The article provides an answer to the question on what documents should be submitted by an employee who is on workers compensation leave.
- The Busman's Holiday. Frase-Blunt, Martha // HR Magazine;Jun2001, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p76
Focuses on the importance of not staying connected to the office during employee vacations. Percentage of office workers who took some piece of mobile technology on vacation; Effect of the company's culture on the perception of workers regarding their vacations; Role of human resource managers...
- Men and women differ on the benefits they offer employees (%). // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;12/08/97, Vol. 101 Issue 49, p2
Presents a chart on the result of the survey done by the National Foundation for Women Business Owners regarding the benefits offered by firms owned by men and women. Percentage offerd on paid vacation; Health insurance; Life insurance; Other benefits.
- `Paid time off' emerges as progressive vacation policy. Dobie, Maureen // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/13/94, Vol. 15 Issue 11, Employee Benefits... p3B
Reports on paid vacations as emerging progressive vacation policy by employers. Indianapolis, Indiana employers' modification of benefits packages in favor of `paid time off' (PTO) policies; Vacation offerings of several companies.
- Is it time to implement a paid time-off plan? // Employee Benefit News;Nov2000, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p52
Focuses on the implementation of a paid time-off (PTO) bank for employees. Concept of a PTO bank; Advantages and disadvantages of the leave system; Considerations in designing a PTO bank.
- in the news. // Employee Benefits;Jun2003, p9
Focuses on the hidden costs of employers' spending on company holidays given in recognition of their staff's work. Need for a company to be adequately resourced; Possible loss of the motivational value of the holiday due to the volume of pending work.