MetLife Shifts Culture Quickly
- LISA WEBER. A. M. // U.S. Banker;Oct2008, Vol. 118 Issue 10, p74
The article profiles Lisa Weber, president of individual business at MetLife Inc. and included in the periodical's top 25 nonbank women financial executives in the U.S. in 2008. The paper provides information on her personal and professional background, career highlights and major...
- MetLife Says Low Exposure To Subprime Helped 2Q Profit. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;8/2/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 148, p7
This article reports on the 2007 second quarter earnings of Metlife Inc. Statistics related to the company's financial performance and earnings are presented and discussed. Commentary on the issue from Steve Kandarian, the chief investment officer of Metlife Inc., is provided. The article also...
- PEOPLE POWER: IT PAYS. Fernandez, Tommy // Crain's New York Business;10/1/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 40, pW29
The article reports on Lisa Weber, who is the president of MetLife Inc.'s retail business, which has $18 billion in sales and 20,000 employees. Weber spends little time in her office and is usually out in the field, meeting with managers, financial advisers and support staffers. The executive...
- MetLife Variable Annuity Sales Up. // American Banker;5/1/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 82, p8
The article focuses on variable annuities, which were a highlight of the 2006 first quarter earnings report of MetLife Inc. New deposits rose 51% from 2005, but sales of universal life insurance products fell 13% because of competitive pricing. Lisa M. Weber, the company's president of...
- MetLife enhances its accidental death and dismemberment line. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Dec94, Vol. 95 Issue 8, p62
Reports on Metropolitan Life Insurance Co.'s enhancement of its full line of accidental death and dismemberment policies. Benefits and features of the enhancements.
- MetLife peddles strategies designed to help greenhorn stock investors. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jan1995, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p74
Focuses on Preference Plus of Metropolitan Life Insurance Company. Investment strategies designed to help new stock market players to invest more aggressively; First strategy called Equity Generator; Second strategy dubbed The Equalizer.
- MetLife introduces enhancements to defined contribution programs. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jan1995, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p75
Reports Metropolitan Life Insurance Co.'s addition of an employee communication unit to its full-service defined contribution plan. Introduction of self-directed brokerage account option; Development of a customized plan for employee population.
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Sep96, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p134
Reports on developments related to Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. as of September 1996. Agreement with Glendale Federal Bank to sell its life products.
- MetLife revamps its Web site. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Mar1998, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p94
Discloses that Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. has redesigned its award-winning, two-year-old corporate Web site to make it more interactive. New features of the MetLife Online site; Site address; Content of the `Met Around the Web' section.