Intranets Help Keep Goodwill of Downsized Employmees
- Cisco, partners push blanket security initiative. McGarvey, Joe // Inter@ctive Week;3/3/97, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p13
Reports on Cisco Systems Inc.'s initiative to provide corporations a framework for securing companywide computer networks in the United States. Reduction of the cost and complexity of intranet computer security; Strategy to support existing technology; Protest from Checkpoint Software Inc.
- Intranet security: The big red idiot button and other myths. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Jun98, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p62
Discusses several myths about the security issue of the Intranet. Difficulties of implementing network security; Ways to counter security risk; Intranet security used by Cisco Systems.
- A lesson in scaling the web wall. Comaford, Christine // PC Week;9/09/96, Vol. 13 Issue 36, p54
Looks at problems with corporate intranets, focusing on problems at Cisco Systems. Problem of disorganization of the company's Web sites, which causes maintenance troubles; Benefits of the computer software Compendium, from Wallop Software, in solving these problems.
- My Communication: IABC's Newest Member Benefit. // Communication World;Aug/Sep2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p6
Beginning in September 2003, IABC members will be able to create and collaborate on communication plans online using a new planning tool, My Communication or "MyComm" for short. MyComm is a web-based communication-planning tool originally developed by Cisco Systems for its corporate intranet....
- Ask Dr. Intranet. Blass, Steve // Network World;09/25/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p89
Offers advice on which files to download from Cisco System Inc.'s Web site. Features of the current intranet; Need to upgrade switches to the version of IOS; Configuration in one place, rather than Hybrid mode.
- Cisco tightens Internet security. Duffy, Jim // Network World;10/27/97, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p33
Discloses that Cisco Systems Inc. has unveiled a new addition to its 1600 line of remote access routers and introduced enhanced firewall software in an effort to beef up Internet and intranet security. Target market for the new products; Descriptions of each product; Costs; Contact information.
- CISCO'S SLASHES. // New Hampshire Business Review;04/20/2001-05/03/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the plans of Cisco Systems Inc. to cut jobs. Uncertainty of the effect on the firm's New Hampshire operations; Struggle with slowing economies and flagging capital spending; Restructuring plans.
- Cisco to cut 4000 jobs in 2014, despite a good growth in FY13. // Express Computer;9/ 1/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p52
The article reports on the announcement of networking equipment manufacturer Cisco Systems regarding its plan to reduce its workforce by 5% as part of resource rebalancing for the fiscal year 2014.
- Number Crunch. // ComputerWorld Hong Kong;Sep2013, p7
The article announces that information technology (IT) company Cisco Systems Inc. will remove 4,000 middle management jobs to speed up decision-making and execution.