- The new word on GOSSIP. Nicholson, Nigel // Psychology Today;May/Jun2001, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p40
Discusses why people gossip. Essential functions of gossip; Information on evolutionary psychology; Disadvantages of negative gossip.
- What's So Good About Gossip? Haskell, Molly // Town & Country;Aug2000, Vol. 154 Issue 5243, p70
Discusses the psychology of gossip.
- Breaking New Year's resolutions. Hinds, Ryan G. // Xtra (Toronto);1/12/2012, Issue 710, p18
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of breaking his New Year's resolution of no more gossiping.
- Stay away from destructive gossip. Mesiti, Carl S. // Granite City Press-Record;10/5/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 75, pA7
The author reflects on the damage caused by destructive gossip and likens it to a loose cannon released by a careless naval vessel where anything or anyone along its path could be crushed.
- What does Judaism say about gossip? // Moment Magazine;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p24
The article discusses the views of several rabbis about gossip. One believes that gossip should be understood according to the nature of the speech itself, noting that gossip becomes evil if it is defamatory. Another considers gossip as detrimental to human development for it harnesses one's...
- Gossip Poisons Business HR Can Stop It. Greengard, Samuel // Workforce (10928332);Jul2001, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p24
Discusses gossip in the work place. Psychological effects of gossip on concerned employees; Importance of gossip as a part of social interaction; Forms of organizations and companies which are prone to gossip; Ways by which personnel managers can reduce problems associated with office gossip. ...
- sticky SITUATION. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;3/26/2007, Vol. 75 Issue 19, p7
This article describes a complicated situation that involves girls spreading false rumor about a person. At a sleepover party, Isabel's friends starts spreading gossip about Cami, a new girl at school. Isabel likes Cami and wants to tell her friends to stop gossiping about Cami. But Isabel is...
- Tittle-tattle is vital. Parrish, Alan // Nursing Standard;8/27/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p28
The article reports on gossip as a good means of passing on information. It discusses that gossip is one of the most significant means of networking at all levels. It infers that there is a tendency to believe that information from above has been distorted, censored or released too late to be of...
- rumor has itâ€¦. Wilson, Rhonda // Today's Christian Woman;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p66
Focuses on the psychological effects of gossip. How to avoid gossip; Risk of circulating rumors; Bible verses about gossip; Guidelines to follow during conversation.