- More Cloud Power Comes to the DVR. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;2/10/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p24
The article reports that Comcast, the largest mass media and communications company, is following cable television company Cablevision into the cloud computing, making its first network digital video recorder in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Comcast Channel Wins Big Cablevision Clearance. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;12/14/98, Vol. 8 Issue 47, p18
Reports on Comcast Corp.'s expansion of the reach of its CN8 regional public affairs channel by 600,000 homes in central and northern New Jersey. Distribution deal with Cablevision Systems Corp.; Plans to add more homes in mid-Atlantic states.
- Mixed Results Hit Cablevision, Comcast Shares. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p12
Reports the financial performance of Cablevision Systems Corp. and Comcast Corp. for the first quarter of 2001 in the United States. Decrease in stock of Cablevision by more than seven percent; Percentage of cash flow growth on Cablevision's cable operations; Cash flow losses of Comcast on its...
- Show swappers. // Business News New Jersey;08/24/98, Vol. 11 Issue 30, p3
Reports on the development of original programming by Comcast and Cablevision, the two largest cable systems in New Jersey. Comcast's sports and call-in programs; Nomination of Comcast for a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-area Emmy award; Swapping of shows by the companies in November 1998.
- Time for Hardball? YES Says Yes. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p1
Reports the addition of MSO by Yankees Entertainment and Sports (YES) Network. Contract of the sports channel with Comcast Corp. for New York Yankees games; Need to secure placement in Cablevision System Corp.; Advertisement campaign of YES for promotion of the network to Yankees fans.
- Two cablers' hockey fight ends in draw. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/31/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 21, p6
Reports on the resolution of a dispute over the OLN Network's exclusive pro hockey coverage by Brian Roberts' Comcast and Chuck Dolan's Cablevision in the U.S. Removal of the hockey games by OLN; Agreement of Cablevision to remove OLN from Siberia; Cause of the conflict between the two companies.
- Comcast sports cablers. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;5/1/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 21, p14
The article reports on the deal made by Comcast Corp. with the Rainbow Media holdings programming subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corp. in order to buy out its two regional sports network in the U.S. The deal, which costs $570 million, was to acquire the networks Fox Sports News New England...
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;6/23/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p18
Presents information related to appointments and promotions in the television broadcasting industry of the U.S., as of June 2003. Appointment of Didi O'Hearn to the position of executive producer of Biography by the cable network A&E Network; Promotion of vice president, digital products...
- VoIP's Definately Getting Out There. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p91
Presents information on the voice over Internet protocol service to be launched by multiple systems operators in the U.S. in 2004. CableVision Systems Corp.; Comcast Corp.; Cox Communications Inc.