- The paw connection. Kennedy, Peggy // Victoria (Hearst Magazines, a division of Hearst Communications,;Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p49
The author was at a beauty salon, getting her hair colored by her colorist when she got ideas for stories for the women's lifestyle periodical 'Victoria.' Her colorist gave her a calendar created by another of his clients to raise money for a charity she'd founded to rescue animals. As she...
- New day at Newsday? Card-carrying liberal media gets it right--for once. Thompson, Bill // Fort Worth Business Press;2/28/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p58
Discusses the publication of an article that featured interviews with a former Iraqi military technician who worked on the biological and chemical weapons program in Iraq, by the 'Newsday' newspaper. Overview of the article; Columnists in the newspaper; Background of the newspaper.
- Fantasia 2012. // Offscreen;May2013, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the 2012 edition of the Fantasia International Film Festival, an interview with film studies scholar and cinephile David Bordwell and the journal's new section on visual media.
- meet LP. Parker, Kristi // Liberty Press;Apr2007, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p20
The article presents an interview with Bob Minor, a columnist for "Liberty Press." When asked what he does for the newspaper, he said that he has been writing a column called Minor Details since November 1998. He says he like cats because of their independence. He wants to do some real...
- PISSZINE. Henderson, Bob // Gay Times (09506101);Jun2007, Issue 345, p14
The article features the magazine, "Pisszine" which is handmade and printed on yellow paper. The author says the publication features all things that are wet and wonderful, other than kayaking and water-skiing. "Pisszine" is made of contributors who hope to stimulate both the mind and the crotch...
- Other opinions. // Columbia Journalism Review;May/Jun1977, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p8
This section presents excerpts of magazine articles and texts of speeches about journalism in the U.S. as of May 1977. The article, Aristides, from the spring 1977 issue of American Scholar, comments on the move by The New York Times newspaper to publish a special Weekend section on Fridays and...
- Herb Caen? Merla Zellerbach? Two People? A Woman? No, it's San Francisco's ARMISTEAD MAUPIN Who's Swinging Out at Everyone in His Daily Dish, "Tales of the City". // Advocate;10/6/76, Issue 200, p24
Interviews writer Armistead Maupin. Newspaper in which Maupin's column 'Tales of the City' is published; Response of readers to his column; Impact of his column on readers; Maupin's comments on how the column started.
- Jason Steele. Han, Angie J. // Advocate;10/25/2005, Issue 949, p24
Presents an interview with gay writer Jason Steele about his column addressing gay issues in the Massachusetts newspaper "RedEye." Subjects covered in the column; Reaction of readers to the column; Plans of Steele for his journalism career.
- in TOWN. Kipling, Kay // Sarasota Magazine;Feb2008, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p200
An interview with Jeanne Phillips, a columnist, is presented. When asked about how she started her career, she refers when she was assisting her mother on her column inorder to earn her allowance. She also discusses the common problems of people before and today. She also affirms her commitment...