Healthy for Cheap
- Stir-fry stirs up hospital sales. // FoodService Director;9/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the implication of the revised Fresh & Lean concept of the Saint Joseph campus of the food service of Via Christi Medical Center in Wichita, Kansas for its sales. Factors that influenced the implementation of the concept; Amount of calories contained in the dishes; Plan of Patti...
- quick ideas. // Safety Alert for Supervisors;1/19/2010, Vol. 7 Issue 157, p3
The article offers tips related to industrial safety. It notes that worn earplugs that can still be seen indicate that the ear plugs are not fitted properly. It adds that caloric intake and fluid volume can be maintained among staffers working in cold environments by serving warm, sweet drinks...
- CHAPTER 7: The Dreaded (or Beloved) Cafeteria. Boyd, J. Lucy // Complete Guide to Healthy Cooking & Nutrition: For College Stude;2009, p142
The article offers suggestions on how college students can evaluate the availability and quality of foods at the school cafeteria. It notes the need of students to make sure they eat a wide variety of foods and make healthy choices when eating all their meals from cafeteria. The essentiality of...
- TO OFFSET CUSTOMER TRAFFIC: Stony Brook mulls kiosks. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p8
Looks at the condition of the food service sector at Stony Brook University Hospital in New York as of February 15, 2003. Plans of foodservice officials for the hospital's food servicing unit; Consideration for the use of kiosks as an alternative to cafeteria.
- A `STOP' FOR SRS: California hospital is open to the public. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p8
Features the Le Cafe hospital cafeteria of Simi Valley Hospital in California. Quality of food and description of the atmosphere; Category of the menu; Remarks from patients.
- In Employee/Visitor Cafeteria: CA hosp. aims for `homey.'. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p20
Provides information on the redecorating project at Verdugo Hills Hospital in Glendale, California in 1999 to refresh its employee-visitor cafeteria. Description of the cafeteria; Aim of the redecoration project.
- Hospital Shutters Retail Program. // FoodService Director;11/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p19
The article reports on the closing of the cafeteria at the Grand River Hospital in Kitchener, Ontario and will be replaced by a Subway and a larger Tim Hortons Inc. run by the volunteer association of the hospital.
- Scramble system speeds traffic. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p21
Cites the improved services at the renovate cafeteria of Jackson Madison County General Hospital in Jackson, Tennessee. Scramble system; Addition of a Heart Healthy Bar; Smoothie and capuccino machines; Panini grill; Deli section; Portable kiosk with continental breakfast items; Increased...
- Coffee klatching with cafeteria cronies. Crans, Fred W. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Mar2008, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of meeting different characters in different hospital cafeterias.