David falls for a smashing joke
- Retailers must stimulate the public-Imrie. // Cabinet Maker;01/12/2001, Issue 5220, p4
Presents the views of David Imrie of Furniture Village on the factors hampering the growth of the furniture industry in Great Britain. Call on retailers to create techniques that will attract customers; Advice on how to improve profitability; Pricing strategy; Provision of quality products.
- Excitement or extinction-you choose. // Cabinet Maker;01/12/2001, Issue 5220, p6
Calls on the British furniture industry to pay attention to the comments made by David Imrie of Furniture Village that the industry is failing to stimulate the consumers. Call on manufacturers to offer alternative designs; Comments on the success of Karl Briant to evade arrest by claiming that...
- Safe crackers. Calton, Rachel // Cabinet Maker;7/14/2006, Issue 5496, p22
The article focuses on the leather upholstery market with reference to brown color. The trend for brown color came after winning over black and cream colors. Steve Jenkins, managing director of Land of Leather believes that brown color seems to be practical and flexible as it adapts to any...
- Space craft. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;8/25/2006, Issue 5502, p21
The article reports on the latest development revealed by Furniture Village in an FV2 format, a more contemporary mix of products in more floorspace in Southampton, England. According to David Imrie, buying and merchandising director, they can make more money by putting in different products...
- Surprise turnaround to summer sale slump. // Cabinet Maker;9/1/2006, Issue 5503, p4
The article reports that after a summer sales slump, consumers over the recent Bank Holiday have broken records for furniture retailers in Great Britain. According to David Imrie, Furniture Village buying and merchandising director, the holiday period was excellent with a significant lift in...
- The Bruv's legacy. Harrison, Peter // Cabinet Maker;6/1/2007, Issue 5540, p24
The article announces the retirement of David Imrie as managing director (MD) of Furniture Village.
- Don't give up your day job. // Cabinet Maker;02/19/99, Issue 5126, p36
Focuses on David Imrie, a merchandise director for Furniture Village. Customer satisfaction on Imrie's service as bedding sales consultant during the London Bedding Co. aisle.
- Bigger and better. // Cabinet Maker;8/17/2001, Issue 5251, p12
Focuses on the expansion plan of Furniture Village in Great Britain. Strategy of David Imrie and Peter Harrison; Products of Furniture Village; Installment of radii software system.
- Imrie retires from FV. // Cabinet Maker;4/6/2007, Issue 5532, p3
The article announces the career development of Furniture Village's executives including the retirement of David Imrie and Jack Clark as well as the appointment of Ed Duggan and Eamon Wynne in its executive board.