Directors: old is gold
- Taking a lead on innovation. // Cabinet Maker;8/24/2007, Issue 5552, p22
An interview with Bill Carrahar, managing director for bed division of Homestyle is presented. Carrahar talks about development and innovation in bedroom furniture industry in Great Britain. It has been suggested that product quality and safety should be focused first and not price. Furniture...
- 10 QUESTIONS WE ASK EVERYBODY. // Cabinet Maker;7/5/2013, Issue 5843, p34
An interview with Wazarat Ali, managing director of Highgrove Beds, is presented. When asked about the condition of the business in 2013, he refers to the success of the company's exhibition at the interiors show in January. He discusses the new products that the company launched as of July. He...
- WINNING TACTICS. Small, Thomas // Cabinet Maker;10/4/2013, Issue 5855, p20
The article offers the insights of Thomas Small, managing director at TCS, regarding the successful strategy implemented by the company to meet the growing challenges of the bed market. According to Small, the company is focusing on independent retailers to help them address the changes in the...
- Net pioneer. // Cabinet Maker;8/24/2007, Issue 5552, p17
An interview with Nigel Cairns, managing director of Bedworld.net is presented. When asked about his contribution in today's generation of bed retailers in Great Britain, he referred to his self-proclaimed biggest British Internet-only bed retailer. In this context, Cairns' record at the highest...
- Waking up potential. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;7/28/2006, Issue 5498, p24
The article focuses on the increasing interest of consumers in bedroom furniture in Great Britain. The British National Statistics revealed that people are spending more time in resting rather than sleeping. According to Wells Interiors company's director Miles Bennett, sales have been...
- Potential runs high among young shoppers. // Furniture/Today;8/25/2003 Supplement, Vol. 27, p24
Reports on the state of the industrial category of master bedroom furniture in the U.S. Competition with mattresses in business for retailers; Range of selection for creative pieces; Establishment of warehouse programs to support direct-container business.
- Land Sky files for Chapter 11. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;11/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy 11 protection by Land and Sky in Nebraska. Formulation of a reorganization plan; Decline of the waterbed business; Estimation of the assets and debts.
- Sleep group going to Vegas. // Furniture/Today;11/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the decision of the Specialty Sleep Association not to participate in the Futon and Specialty Sleep Exposition in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- You th bedroom--Styles for any taste. // Kids Today;Mar2003, p30
Highlights trends in the youth bedroom market in the U.S. in 2003. Resurgence of natural finishes; Popularity of classic styles with an antique feel; Key functionality components.