Your questions answered
- Reader Feedback Is Overwhelming. Weaver, Scott "Gonzo"; Butch; K., Jack; S., Mark; Sheri; Drummer, Z.; B., Bob; Gary; James; B., Brian; Jim // ImportCar;Apr2015, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p20
The article presents views of the journal's readers regarding annoying situations they faced which automobile repair which include customers without an appointment, complaints of customers towards cost credited by automobile service center and carelessness of customers regarding vehicle information.
- Auto repair shop closed after sting. // Appalachian Automotive Report;Jul2013, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the closure of automobile repair shop Sun Valley Towing in Phoenix, Arizona due to consumer complaints of deceptive business practices.
- CA Puts NOVs On Hold. Snell, Bridget // Motor Age;Mar2003, Vol. 122 Issue 3, p155
Reports that the California Bureau of Automotive Repair and the California Department of Consumer Affairs suspended the issuance of Notices of Violation (NOV), as well as its public disclosure of consumer complaints that generate NOV. Investigation of law firms suspected of abusing consumer...
- The Bearer of Bad News. Anderson, Jim // Pumper;Feb2014, p86
The article offers information on following the procedures while evaluating drainage systems and answering true cost for a failure. Topics discussed include communicating with a customer during evaluating drainfield problems, cost estimation to provide necessary services to a customer, and need...
- Private company directors and officers liability insurance in M & A and beyond. Justo, Lee // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/20/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 16, Special section p13
The article focuses on the benefits of the directors and officers liability (D&O) insurance in the Fairfield County, Connecticut. D&O insurance is advisable for private companies which are cost-efficient. This insurance protects the companies against consumer complaints and allegations may be...
- Diagnostics. Olsztynski, Jim // PHC Profit Report;2/15/96, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the Federal Trade Commission's investigation into consumer complaints in the auto repair industry. Relevance for the PHC industry; Importance of good diagnosticians in minimizing consumer complaints.
- Increased divisiveness. Thrall III, Russell // Automotive Body Repair News;May2004, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p6
Comments on the growing divisiveness between automobile repair shops and the insurance industry in the United States. Insurer-owned shop legislation; Consumer protection; Consumer complaints against insurers regarding labor rates.
- THE HAMMERING HEADACHE OF HOME REPAIRS. // Time;7/25/1969, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p77
The article focuses on the increasing customer complaints for home repair services in the U.S. Complaints for home repair are characterized by maddening delays, shoddy workmanship and startling expense. As complaining consumers are victims of a classic economy of scarcity, contractors and...
- Flat Rate Pricing is in Your Future. Grandy, Tom // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Jan2008, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses flat rate pricing. According to the article, flat rate pricing is going to become the industry standard because it is the only system that allows companies to charge what it needs to charge without showing the customer the actual hourly rate. The benefits of flat rate...