Westgate buys Uptons duo
- Major consolidations impact department store rankings. // Furniture/Today;8/25/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p28
Focuses on the impact of corporate consolidations of several furniture companies on department store rankings for furniture sales in New York. Percentage of increase in sales; Expansion of product lines; Decline in market share. INSET: Top 15 U.S. department stores.
- Papuso Velasco buys Table & Chair Shop. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;9/14/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p6
Reports on the acquisition of the furniture store, Table and Chair Shop Co. by Papuso Velasco, former owner of es de Velasco department store in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Brief history of the furniture store; Items and furniture sold in the shop; Expansion of the bridal registry services; Size and...
- Federated-May No. 1 ? Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;3/7/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the pending acquisition of May Co. by Federated Department Stores Inc. in New York City. Significance of the acquisition deal; Expected impact of the acquisition to the furniture industry; Purchasing price of May Co.
- May it add up to excitement. Allegrezza, Ray // Furniture/Today;3/7/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p2
Comments on the acquisition of May Co. by Federated Department Stores Inc. in New York City. Impact of the acquisition deal on the ranking of Federated Department in the Top 25 furniture and bedding retailers; Combined total furniture and bedding sales of Federated and May Co.; Effect of the...
- What Federated, May merger may mean. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;3/7/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p29
Comments on the acquisition of May Co. by Federated Department Stores Inc. in New York City. Details of the deal; Value of the acquisition deal; Impact of the merger on the furniture industry.
- Leather players watching merger closely. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;3/7/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p38
Reports on the concerns of several leather upholstery makers regarding the merger of Federated Department Stores Inc. and May Co. in New York City. Impact of the merger on retail stores; Anticipation of the leather industry that the merger will bring stronger furniture business to the forefront.
- Asda bids Â£5.6m for Wades Department Stores. // Cabinet Maker;8/17/2007, Issue 5551, p38
The article presents a furniture industry headline in Great Britain that was published on August 25, 1978 issue. It reports that Associated Dairies (Asda) has bid Â£5.6 million for Wades Department Stores which was involved in talks with Henderson-Kenton in 1977. The acquisition is seen as an...
- Top 5 discount department stores. // Furniture/Today;8/22/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p22
This article presents information on the top 5 discount department stores in the U.S. Wal-Mart Stores Inc. has been conducting extensive consumer research into the home segment and, as a result, home is now offering a clearer delineation between good, better and best. Hardgoods, including...
- Consolidation Is Not a Cure-All For Department Stores' Woes. Harrison, Joan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May2002, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p28
Focuses on implications of consolidations for troubled department stores in the U.S. Merger plans between Federated Department Stores Inc. and May Department Store Co.; Necessity of partnering with rival traditional department stores to compete with discounters; Importance of category dominance.