Evaluating Deaerator Operation
- Deaerator Pressure Transient - Can Your Boiler Feed Pump Handle It? Akhtar, S. Zaheer; Mahmoud, Magdy // Power Engineering;Feb2010, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p30
The article discusses a methodology to assess the adequacy of the feedwater system and check if the deaerator pressure transient can be handled by the boiler feed water pump. A deaerator pressure transient is a rapid loss of deaerator pressure during a steam turbine generator trip or unexpected...
- How Did the HVAC Industry Do in 2013? WELL, MICHAEL S. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Dec2013, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p5
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including an Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigerating Exposition (AHR Expo) in Texas, the heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigerating (HVAR) technology, and the Boiler Maximum...
- Boiler longevity: the key to add-on sales. // Builders Merchants Journal;Jul2011, p30
The article focuses on the statement of Noel Kelly, managing director of heating components company Spirotech, regarding the importance of boiler longevity, either protecting the boiler, or fitting a new boiler into an old system. He mentions the potentials of market for deaerators, dirt...
- Products. // Supply House Times;Jul2005, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p40
Features several plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration products in the United States. Press-to-connect copper fittings and valves; Hydronic catalogs; Circulators; Residential boilers; Chemical waste drain system.
- Products and contracts. // Heating & Ventilating Review;May2014, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p34
The article offers news briefs in the global heating, ventilation and airconditioning industry, particularly in Great Britain, as of May 2014. Hitachi Air Condition Europe launched its chiller selection software, Hi-Tookit for Industry. The Remeha Quinta Pro boilers were selected to be installed...
- Technology Puts Together Rooftop Innovations. Harris, Angela D. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/16/2008, Vol. 234 Issue 7, p9
The article explores innovations in rooftop cooling systems. These include UV light systems in commercial applications, geothermal, condensing boilers with variable-speed air handlers, heat recovery ventilators, and energy recovery wheels. Lennox has launched the multistage air volume (MSAV)...
- NEW PRODUCTS. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jan2010, Vol. 82 Issue 1, pBSE19
The article evaluates several air conditioning equipment including the Mini-MOD-CNC hybrid controls from Heat-Timer Corp, Water Wall Series boilers from Parker Boiler Co. and boiler sensors, USE Multi-Well.
- Seal boiler tube leaks with new hybrid expansion tools. Yokell, Stanley; Wasson, Russell // Power;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 143 Issue 4, p71
Describes hybrid expansion techniques to seal boiler tube leaks. Information on BoilerPro and HydroProof methods; Hybrid expansion methods that have been tested.
- Hydronic & Radiant Heating. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/11/2004, Vol. 223 Issue 6, p12
Features various products in relation to Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) in the U.S. as of October 2004. Design of the 2.0-MBtuh gas-fired Benchmark stainless steel condensing boiler, developed by Aerco; Peculiarity of PowerStor Series single-wall and stainless...