Ice, Ice, Baby, Too Cold
- Cool tips for the summer. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jul89, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p23
Describes how to get the most out of air conditioning in a home. Care and use; Replacing a system; Efficiency.
- Cost of coolness makes hot topic. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;6/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 149, p1
Focuses on the high cost of repairing old airconditioners. Reasons for the price rise; Increased tax impose by the federal government; Figures on the prices of airconditioners.
- What would you do? Colen, Allyn R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/24/97, Vol. 200 Issue 12, p3
Presents an air conditioning system trouble shooting problem.
- Troubleshooting The Potential Starting Relay. Tomczyk, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/4/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 10, p20
Discusses how to troubleshoot the potential starting relay of an air conditioning unit with an ohmmeter. Opened and closed contacts; Relay coil.
- Considerations in designing drier, cleaner hvac systems. Trent, Warren; Trent, Curtis // Engineered Systems;Aug95, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p38
Investigates problems that produce wet heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. Factors essential to dry and clean HVAC systems; Failure modes exhibited by conventional condensate traps; Features of a reliable HVAC system seal. INSET: A condensate control device for...
- Terry `the terrific' tech. // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Apr96, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p54
Answers a question related to air conditioning maintenance.
- Room air-conditioner maintenance. Toth, Steve; Retseck, George // Popular Mechanics;Aug95, Vol. 172 Issue 8, p81
Details a maintenance program for room air conditioners. Mixture of warm water and soap for washing the front grille and filter; Replacement for filter; Removal of air conditioner from the window to clear away accumulated debris from the windowsill; Reinstallation guidelines; Operation tips.
- Know the ins and outs of coil care. Langley, Billy C. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/13/96, Vol. 198 Issue 2, p26
Provides guidelines on the operation and maintenance of coils in air conditioning and refrigeration systems. Efforts to improve operating efficiencies; Key features and functions of evaporator and condenser coils; Causes of reduced evaporator efficiency; Types of condensers.
- Fractional-horsepower motors boost AC efficiency. Schwed, Robert L. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/8/93, Vol. 188 Issue 10, p34
Discusses the positive effect of energy-efficient fractional-horsepower (fhp) fan motors in boosting air conditioning efficiency. Comments of MagneTek, Inc. vice president and general manager W.L. Penning; MagneTek, Inc.'s effort in improving motor efficiency; Replacement of burned-out heating...