Tips for Specifying and Installing Solar Panels
- NONCONVENTIONAL TYPE OF SOLAR PANELS. ŢÎŢU, Mihail Aurel // Nonconventional Technologies Review / Revista de Tehnologii Neco;Dec2015, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue concerning ideas for designing nonconventional solar panels.
- New photovoltaic products are integrated into the building skin. Strong, Steven // Architectural Record;Dec1999, Vol. 187 Issue 12, p229
Reports on the integration of photovoltaic (PV) technology in building construction. Generation of energy through PV; PV products specifically designed as building materials; Tax incentives on investments in solar-energy equipment and systems.
- Sonoma County PV. // Solar Today;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p67
Reports that the Sonoma County Office of Education in Santa Rosa, California has installed a solar system on its roof. Use of RWE Schott Solar Inc.'s SunRoof freestanding rooftop solar electric system; Description of the photovoltaic system; Contact information.
- Radiant heat: warm workers, lower bills. Goodison, Kevin // Heating & Ventilating Review;Nov2009, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p25
The article discusses the benefits of a radiant heating system for building owners with high power bills. It enumerates the major advantages of radiant heating such as providing localised heat in working stations, cost efficiency due to its little maintenance and flexible design. The article...
- NAIOP Study Shows that Saving Energy Takes Know-How. // Buildings;Jun2009, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p12
The article discusses the findings of study on the cost effectiveness of green building, conducted by the Commercial Real Estate Development Association (NAIOP). The study models the performance of hypothetical four-story, 95,000-square-foot buildings in Baltimore, Maryland, Chicago, Illinois...
- Energy in Briefâ€¦. // Sustain' Magazine;Mar/Apr2012, p78
The article offers news briefs as of March to April 2012 issue on topics including construction of Energy Centre building by Saint Modwen, government funding of worth 60,000 pounds for a community project and delivery of largest solar PhotoVoltaic array to Great Britain.
- Solar Electricity for Homes. Roman, Harry T. // Tech Directions;Jan2012, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p22
In this article the author examines several issues that factor into the use of solar panels as a source of energy in residential buildings. He comments on ways mathematics is used to determine the path of the sun over the roof of a home and the amount of solar panels needed to provide adequate...
- A NEW TWIST ON PV CELL DESIGN. // Electrical Wholesaling;Apr2012, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p29
The article focuses on the development of a three-dimensional cell design by Solar3D Inc. which was believe to increase the efficiency of solar panels. Solar3D's chief executive officer (CEO) Jim Nelson mentions that the 3D solar cell can deliver 200% more power output than the conventional...
- Solar cells design for low and medium concentrating photovoltaic systems. Baig, Hasan; Heasman, Keith C.; Sarmah, Nabin; Mallick, Tapas // AIP Conference Proceedings;Oct2012, Vol. 1477 Issue 1, p98
The solar cell is the key element of any CPV system, and its design plays an important role in enhancing the performance of the entire system. Special types of cells are required in the CPV systems capable of operating at high concentrations and elevated temperatures. These Concentrator solar...