Interest rate cut--expect only a token impact
- Fed rate cut drives prime to 8.75% at some banks. Matthews, Gordon // American Banker;7/7/95, Vol. 160 Issue 129, p1
Reports that banks cut their prime rates on July 6, 1995 after the Federal Reserve cut interest rates for the first time in nearly three years. Banc One Corp. and BankAmerica Corp. as among the first to cut rates; Fed's cutting of its target rate for overnight loans of bank reserves; Increase...
- Are Prime Rate Changes Asymmetric? Dueker, Michael J. // Review (00149187);Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p33
Focuses on the asymmetric relation between prime rates and market interest rates in the United States. Reasons for the asymmetric behavior of prime rates; Use of a dynamic ordered probit model; Data and estimation results on the rate relationship.
- Prime rates, Federal Reserve signaling, and financial instability. Epstein, Gerald // Journal of Post Keynesian Economics;Summer90, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p618
Describes a simple model of prime rate setting process used by the United States Federal Reserve in times of financial instability. Illustration of the process for estimating discount rate setting; Results indicating that commercial banks did not coordinate their prime rates using the Federal...
- Key rates. // American Banker;9/29/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 188, p24
Presents a chart showing bank rates in the United States as of September 29, 1995. Federal funds; Prime rate; Eurodollars; Dealer commercial paper.
- BANK BASE RATES. // Accountancy;Oct98, Vol. 122 Issue 1262, p56
Presents on the bank base rates in Great Britain, from February 2002 to January 1996.
- Interest rates. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/6/96, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p34A
Presents information on bank interest rates in Indiana, as of May 2, 1996.
- Fed's rate hikes have kept inflation at bay, which has reassured homebuyers. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);07/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p18
Reports the increase of federal interest rates in the United States. Impact of the increase on home mortgage rates and banking interest rates; Percentile mortgage rates as of July 20, 2000; Relationship between actual and anticipated inflation and mortgage rates; Influence of rate increases on...
- Economic events. // Canadian Economic Observer;Nov2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p2.1
Cites economic events in October 2001 in Canada and in the world. Prime rates in Canada; Interest rate cuts by the United States; Interest rates of the Bank of England; Supplementary budget of Japan; United States economic stimulus package.
- Data. // Accountancy;Jun99, Vol. 123 Issue 1270, p80
Presents charts on interest rates and other financial information in Great Britain as of June 1999. Includes bank base rates; Mortgage rates; Value of sterling; Retail price index; Indexation allowance in respect of gains made on assets disposed of in March 1999.