Effect of Coriandrum sativum, a common herbal medicine, on endocrine and reproductive organ structure and function
- Neem (Azadirachta indica) and its Potential for Safeguarding Health of Animals and Humans: A Review. Tiwari, Ruchi; Verma, Amit Kumar; Chakraborty, Sandip; Dhama, Kuldeep; Shoor Vir Singh // Journal of Biological Sciences;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p110
Since ancient era, herbal therapy remained as medicine's backbone which is economic, safer and easily available to most of people in world. Among diverse herbal treasure, Azadirachta indica (Neem) is a highly esteemed tree with several beneficial properties and applications especially known for...
- Review: St. John's wort, ginkgo, saw palmetto, and kava may be effective for some conditions. Baime, Michael J. // ACP Journal Club;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 137 Issue 1, p25
Provides information on a study that examined the benefits and risks of commonly used herbal medicines. Data sources; Study selection; Main results; Conclusions.
- A BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO Backyard Botanicals. Henry, Sarah // Health (Time Inc. Health);May99, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p83
Provides information on growing medicinal plants. Increase in the number of people using an herbal medication; How to use the plants.
- Brand-Name Herbal Products Used in Research. // HealthFacts;Jun99, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p6
Presents information on herbal products in the United States. Details on the problem received by physicians who attended a conference on botanical medicine; List of the branded products.
- Garden Variety Remedies. Grace, Heather // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Nov/Dec98, Vol. 22 Issue 143, p34
Focuses on herbal remedies. Examples of herbal remedies; Reason people are taking a second look at household remedies; Example of how every component of a medicinal plant can be used to create a different remedy.
- Coastal herbs from Mexico. Miller, Molly // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar98, Issue 166, p56
Provides information on various coastal herbs from Mexico which have medicinal properties. Red elephant tree or Bursera Hindsiana-Xoop INL; Elephant tree or Bursera Laxiflora-Xoop Caacol; Suharo or Carnegiea Gigantea-Mojepe.
- Using Herbal Remedies. Duke, James A. // Mother Earth News;Dec/Jan2003, Issue 195, p92
Comments that herbs can be safer and less expensive than conventional drugs. Reason for concluding that Americans are not necessarily getting the best medicine; Factor that drives the green lifestyle; Advice to benefit from using herbs. INSET: Spice for Your Life.
- BECOMING STEWARDS OF PLANTS, NOT POACHERS. Pritzker, Rachel // Meridians;Summer2002, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p6
Discusses herbal medicines. Distinction between herbal remedies and supplements; Process of wildcrafting; Organizations dedicated to preserving threatened medicinal plants.
- Herbal's essence. Goldman, Debra // Adweek Western Edition;12/07/98, Vol. 48 Issue 49, p58
Focuses on the popularity of herbal medicine. Trend for consumers to reject medicine from research and opt for herbal pharmacy; Herbal medicine as people's medicine; Lydia Pinkham's Vegetable Compound in 1875 as one of the first successful advertisements for herbal medicine.