Smith Barney, UBS Paine Webber Likely to Handle W.Va. $4B Deal
- SSB, UBS Confirmed To Handle W.Va. Deal. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;6/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31171, p6
Reports that the Pension Review Board has confirmed that Salomon Smith Barney and UBS PaineWebber Inc. will be the senior lead underwriters for West Virginia's taxable bond sale. Pension panel created by Governor Bob Wise; Review of the proposed sale; Legal issues concerning the bond sale.
- Salomon, UBS Led Among Senior Managers Again in 2002. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;1/2/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31544, p6
Ranks bond insurance companies on the basis of work done by them in 2002. Worth of transactions undertaken by Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Debt sales undertaken by UBS PaineWebber Inc.; Positions held by other companies.
- Settled Suits Reap a Return Of Riches. Mariani, Michele // Governing;May2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p64
Focuses on legal battles over investment-management in the U.S. Settlement between California's San Bernardino County and brokerage firm Salomon Smith Barney over improperly invested funds and allegations of fraud and bribes; Cause of the majority of improper investments between 1992 and 1998;...
- Error by UBS Delays Completion of $800M N.Y.C. GO Deal. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p36
Reports that the completion of a purchase agreement on 800 million dollars in New York City tax-exempt general obligation bonds was delayed as of January 2003 because of problems with the work done by lead manager of the deal, UBS Paine Webber Inc. Details of the error committed by UBS in the...
- Road Bonds GO. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p35
Focuses on the negotiated sale of general obligation road bonds worth multi-million dollars by Salomon Smith Barney Inc. Credit ratings assigned to the bond sales.
- $1 Billion Calif. Gos Won by Salomon; Municipal Prices Finish Little Changed. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31344, p2
Reports the acquisition of the general obligation refunding bonds by the Salomon Smith Barney Inc. in California. Protection of portfolios; Indication of economic recovery; Risk in the corporate bond market.
- Stressing synergy, Salomon's muni group grabs Toronto Deal. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30625, p5
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney Inc. has won the deal to sell up to $600 million of Canadian toll road bonds in the United States. Expanded role given to the firm's municipals group; Terms of the deal.
- Salomon to Handle Iowa Tobacco Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31173, p40
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney Inc. will serve as book-runner on Iowa's 650 million dollar sale of bonds.
- Corporate-parent hospital deals continue despite critics. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;06/17/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30664, p6
Focuses on corporate-parent bond deals for hospitals in the United States as of June 17, 1999. Salomon Smith Barney Inc.'s arrangement of corporate-parent deals; Factors affecting the medical care bonds market.