- Senator: District of Columbia Could See a Rating Upgrade. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p4
Reports the improvement of the low investment-grade general obligation bond rating in British Columbia. Basis for the issuance of general obligation bonds; Upward movement in credit rating; Approval of fiscal 2003 budget.
- Tennessee Budget Crunch. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31175, p1
Reports the temporary spending plan for the state budget in Bradenton, Florida. Degradation of bond rating due to budget problems; Details on the shutdown of state government offices; Removal of capital project funds from temporary budget by lawmakers.
- Tennessee House Overrides Budget Veto; Downgrade Looms. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/8/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31198, p6
Reports that members of the Tennessee House of Representatives has voted to override Governor Don Sundquist's veto of the state's 2002 budget. Possible bond rating downgrade of the state; Details of the proposed budget.
- Tennessee Governor Vetoes 'Harmful' 2002 Budget. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/27/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31190, p4
Reports that Tennessee Governor Don Sundquist has vetoed the state's 19.3 trillion fiscal 2002 budget. Loss of the triple-A bond rating of the state; Trickle-down effects of the bond rating downgrade.
- House Appropriations Panel Approves $3.6 Billion Budget for Fiscal 2002. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/21/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31228, p5
Reports on the approval of the spending bill by the House of Appropriations Committee in Washington D.C. Impact of the bill on general obligation bonds; Ratification of budget proposal for the fiscal year; Stability of financial base, investment-grade bond ratings.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/15/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31018, p31
Reports developments related to the bond market in the United States. Reliance of the financing plan for the proposed renovation of Soldier Field on the use of hotel taxes; Assignment of a AA-minus rating to the fixed-rate revenues bonds of the conduit issuer Saint Joseph County Hospital...
- Rating Changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p31
No abstract available.
- PENNSYLVANIA: Airports Tally Their Stimulus. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/20/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33100, p9
The article reports on the financial assistance received by Pennsylvania airports from the federal stimulus package in Pennsylvania. The state airports reveal that four of its facilities has obtained $10.5 million fund from the package, that include a $5 million grant for Philadelphia...
- Pittsburgh Not a Likely Candidate for Act 47 Help, Official Says. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p28
Reports on the disqualification of Pittsburgh for filing as a distressed community under a Pennsylvania statute Act 47. Solicitation for bankruptcy protection; Decline of the general obligation bond rating; Occurrence of budget deficits.