No Contest In California Bribery Case
- Self-insurer not liable for defense costs: Court. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;08/04/97, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p44
Focuses on the case `Pacific Indemnity Co. vs. County of San Bernardino,' in which a California appellate court ruled that a self-insurer cannot be treated as an insurer when it comes to contributing to defense costs. Pacific Indemnity's plans to appeal the decision.
- Recent developments. // Corporate Legal Times;Jan98, Vol. 8 Issue 74, p6
Presents an update on the case of County of San Bernardino versus Pacific Indemnity Insurance Company. Why the California Supreme Court denied the review of a policyholder California Court of Appeal decision.
- Fresh Challenge to CalPERS' San Bernardino Agreement. // AiCIO News;2015, p1
The article focuses on claims by two investors holders on bankrupt city of San Bernardino, California to return the pension bonds of investment manager the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS). It presents successful arguments by CalPERS with San Bernardino on returning...
- CalPERS Files Amicus Brief in San Bernardino Tax Dispute. Manganaro, John // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p1
The article reports on the move of the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) to file an amicus brief over a tax dispute in San Bernadino, California. The CalPERS move is in support of two state agencies involved in a dispute over tax revenues stemming from the 2012 bankruptcy...
- CalPERS, San Bernardino Want Appeal Deadline Extended. Webster, Keeley // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;5/21/2014, p2
The article discusses a court case wherein the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) and the City of San Bernardino in California have requested another extension to file court documents at the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in CalPERS' appeal of the city's eligibility to be...
- Underwriter On Heritage Deal to Close. Albanese, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/17/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31306, p1
Reports on the impact of winding up the operations of Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Miller & Schroeder Financial Inc. on investors of defaulted bonds underwritten by the company for U.S.-based Heritage Healthcare. Assets sold off by the company; Events leading to bad financial health of the...
- Miller & Schroeder may be targeted for acquisition by investor group. Ring, Niamh // Bond Buyer;07/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30182, p2
Reports that a group of investors is poised to acquire Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Miller & Schroeder Financial Inc. Identities of the four investors; Company profile; Financial performance.
- Miller Decision Pending. Albanese, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/2/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31420, p1
Reports the bankruptcy of underwriter Miller and Schroeder Financial in the U.S. Consolidation of the institutional broker-dealer business; Settlement of lawsuits and regulatory fines; Application for Chapter 11 insolvency protection.
- Miller & Schroeder Financial Leaves Retail Muni Business. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;12/19/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31040, p3
No abstract available.