New Jersey's DiFrancesco Has Plan to Regrow Meadowlands
- And the winner is NASCAR by a nose. Thomas, Myra A. // Business News New Jersey;06/23/97, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p1
Comments on the decision of the Atlantic City Race Course in New Jersey, to add National Association of Stock Car Racing (NASCAR) or Indy-type racing events to its schedule. History of the organization; Difficulties met by the organization.
- The finish line? // Business News New Jersey;05/18/98, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p3
Reports that the Atlantic City Race Course in Mays Landing, New Jersey is entering its 53rd and final racing season due to financial problems. Tentative agreement with American Realty and SobelCo in Michigan chairman, Samuel Sobel; Legal suit against racetrack magnate, Bruton Smith.
- A message from the Senate president. // Business News New Jersey;09/18/96, Vol. 9 Issue 19, p57
Presents a message from Donald DiFrancesco, a Senate president, on the support of the Coalition to Keep New Jersey Working, for the Port of New Jersey Revitalization, Dredging, Environmental Cleanup, Lake Restoration and Delaware Bay Area Economic Bond Act of 1996.
- The T-Rex of Sports Parks. Watts, James // njbiz;8/19/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 34, p8
Describes the RexPlex recreational indoor sports complex in New Jersey founded by Randy Taylor in 1998. Revenue of RexPlex in its first year of operation; Series of events launched by RexPlex; Decision of Union County, New Jersey to sign a contract to lease at the complex to provide job...
- A TPC venue with panache. Whitten, Ron // Golf World;07/21/2000, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p49
Features the Tournament Players Club golf course in Princeton, New Jersey.
- Golf Courses. // njbiz;7/8/2002 Book of Lists, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p165
Presents a list of the top golf courses in New Jersey in terms of men's course difficulty rating.
- An Emerald gem in the garden state. Mackin, Thomas E. // World of Hibernia;Winter99, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p34
Features the Ballyowen golf course located in Hamburg, New Jersey. Layout of the golf course; Celtic touches incorporated in the golf course; Clubhouse, pavilion and restaurant near the golf course; Construction of the course within four months.
- Students propose athletic facility for speedway. Lee, Evelyn // njbiz;3/29/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p3
The article reports on the proposal of Cumberland County, New Jersey high school students to construct an athletic facility for the 40-acre former Vineland Speedway site as part of the Cumberland County chapter of the Architecture, Construction and Engineering Mentor Program of New Jersey.
- Newark Sports Arena Legislation on 'Life Support'. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p55
Focuses on a plan to construct a multimillion dollar sports arena in Newark, New Jersey. Decision by the state's Assembly Appropriations Committee regarding construction plans; Legislators who are against the plan; Plan proposed by governor Donald DiFrancesco regarding issue of bonds to pay for...