Pennsylvania Passes Budget, Clears Path for Over $1 Billion in Bonds
- Chicago Plans Multiple GO Issues to Help Fund 2001 Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p32
Reports on Chicago, Illinois' plan to issue general obligation bonds to pay for budgeted expenses in 2001. City Council's approval of Mayor Richard M. Daley's 2001 budget; Pricing of the general obligation bonds in February 2001.
- Hawaii Governor Seeks $1 Billion in Bonds for Fiscal 2002-03. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p37
Highlights Hawaii Governor Ben Cayetano's biennial budget proposal for fiscal 2002-03. Proposed issuance of bonds to be used for capital improvements projects; Cayetano's plan to present his bond proposal to the Legislature in January 2001 as part of the budget.
- Contentious Bond Package in Albuquerque Mayor's Hands. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p3
Reports on the presentation of a City Council-approved capital improvement project budget to Albuquerque, New Mexico Mayor Martin Chavez. Commitment made by Chavez to veto several projects funded by the city's biannual general obligation bond package; Tentative date set for an election on the...
- Bipartisan Committee Announces N.Y. Budget Reform Plan. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/2/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31855, p4
Reports that a bipartisan legislative committee in New York state has approved a budget reform plan. Provisions of the proposed agreement seeking to put an end to chronic failure of the state legislature to adopt a state budget on time; Implications for the state's municipal bonds market.
- BARs Costiler Than Predicted, CBO Says. Schroeder, Peter; Templer-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;1/27/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33256, p1
The article forecasts the performance of the Build America Bonds (BABs) in the U.S. According to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), BABs will cost 26 billion dollars more over the next 10 years than previously estimated. CBO also expects a budget deficit of 1.35 trillion dollars for fiscal...
- Virginia Panel Says No to Governor's $1 Billion Tax Hike Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p3
Reports on the Virginia House Finance Committee's rejection of Governor Mark R. Warner's proposal to raise tax rates over two years. Warner's attempt to help close the state's budget gap and protect its triple-A general obligation bond rating; Proposed alternative to Warner's proposal.
- ARKANSAS: Extra! Press Box Debt OK'd. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/6/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33195, p9
The article reports on the approval of the 4 million U.S. dollar revenue bonds by trustees of the War Memorial Stadium Commission to help finance the football stadium's press box in Little Rock, Arkansas. The guarantee for the debt payment will derive from the stadium's advertising, rent, and...
- Louisiana Budget Takes Hit From Students, Prisoners. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/8/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33229, p4
The article reports on the factors in a fiscal 2010 budget shortfall of 145 million U.S. dollars that are outlined to lawmakers by Commissioner of Administration AngÃ¨le Davis of Dallas, Louisiana. These factors are more students who enroll in public schools and more state prisoners held in...
- FLORIDA: 'Undergrounding' GOs? Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/11/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32379, p35
The article reports on the concerns discussed by the Palm Beach Town Council about holding a referendum to ask voters to approve the issuance of general obligation bonds to finance the primary needs of the town in Florida. According to the report, the town officials had estimated that the cost...