- DASNY Approves $3.24B. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;10/26/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32495, p1
The article reports on the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York's approval of up to $3.24 billion of bond sales at its monthly meeting held October 27, 2006. The bond sales includes up to $2 billion of bonds backed by New York's personal income tax (PIT) revenue. The article reports that...
- Midwest Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;08/09/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30950, p29
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds in the Midwest as of August 9, 2000. Inclusion of funding for additional police officers in Indianapolis Mayor Bart Peterson's budget; Pricing for the Michigan Municipal Bond Authority's one-year revenue notes.
- Kentucky Sale Keeps Ban Conversion Program on Track. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;07/19/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30935, p5
Reports on the Kentucky State Property and Buildings Commission's plan to sell long-term, lease-revenue debt to continue a financing program it embarked in 1999. Conversion of the commission's bond anticipation notes to long-term bonds; Factors contributing to the commission's decision to...
- Northeast bond-watch. Kaplan, David; Meisler, Daniel; Kruger, Daniel; Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;04/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30612, p27
Presents news briefs pertaining to the municipal bond market in the Northeastern States as of April 5, 1999. Includes the University of Connecticut's sale of bonds through the state treasurers office; Education finance reform in Delaware; Montgomery County's plan to use Bloomberg's electronic...
- Munis Little Changed in Quiet Day. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;4/11/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32358, p2
The article reports on the effects of the approaching Easter holiday on the municipal bond market in the U.S. The Treasury market has made progress to encourage some municipal bond traders to invest. A 24 million dollars auction of the unlimited-tax school building bonds from El Paso Independent...
- Welcome to Jacksonville. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;01/18/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31059, p1
Reports on Jacksonville, Florida's entry into the bond market in spring 2001, which experts call an ambitious and aggressive building, renovation, improvement, environmental, and transportation program. Amount of bonds to be issued by the city; Voters' approval of the Better Jacksonville Plan;...
- Housing Market Slowdown Data Allows Munis to Improve. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32433, p2
The article reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in the United States as of July 27, 2006. The market has improved slightly, as fixed-income investors were encouraged by evidence that the anticipated housing market slowdown is finally underway. According to traders, the...
- IRS: Good News for Beleaguered St. Paul Port Authority Fund. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/09/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30950, p3
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's ruling, which states that future partial payments on Saint Paul, Minnesota Port Authority's Common Revenue Bond Fund would remain tax-exempt. Debt service payments; Authority's decision to withdraw its efforts to restructure the debt.
- N.Y.C. Sets GO Sales; Will Register in Europe. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30915, p2
Reports on New York City's plan to sell tax-exempt general obligation bonds in a competitive offering on June 28, 2000. Amount of the bonds to be sold; New York officials' plan to renew the city's global debt facility registration with the London Stock Exchange.