PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- Talk Books Stays Vocal. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;1/28/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p140
Deals with the effect of the cancellation of 'Talk' magazine on the relationship between Talk Books and Miramax. Publishing plans of Talk/Miramax Books for 2002; Authors signed up by Talk Books.
- 'Kill Bill' set in Talk shop. Lyons, Charles // Daily Variety;4/19/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the acquisition by Talk Miramax Books of the world publishing rights to 'Kill Bill,' the first novel from filmmaker Quentin Tarantino. Cast for the film; Storyline; Description of the novel.
- Ingram, PMA launch program to aid small publishers. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;8/4/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 32, p24
Announces Ingram Book Company's launch of a program called Ingram Express. Cooperation of Publishers Marketing Association; Aim of including publishers with fewer than ten titles on the Ingram database; Numbers of publishers meeting criteria; Ingram requirements; Advantages to small publishers.
- Ingram to Open Distribution Center in Pennsylvania. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/23/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 30, p11
Reports on the plan of publishing company Ingram Book Group to open a distribution center in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. Decision to close distribution centers in several states; Number of work force to be employed at the planned distribution center; Financial package offered by the state to...
- Talk Miramax shows smaller is quicker. Bing, Jonathan // Variety;9/24/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 6, p10
Provides information on several independent publishing companies in the United States. Talk Miramax Books; Source Books; Rugged Land.
- Books on demand at lightning print: P.O.D. goes head-to-head with offset. Alexander, George A. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;12/14/98, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on Ingram Book Co.'s Lightning Print, a print-on-demand service for book publishers. Two kinds of fees paid by the publisher; Description of the books that Lightning Print makes; Production and prepress equipment; Supporting software; Production process. INSETS: Other book-on-demand...
- In the Loop... // Book Publishing Report;02/12/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p6
Reports on developments concerning the publishing industry as of February 12, 2001. Appointment of Heather Reisman chief executive officer of Chapters: Plan of Ingram Book Group to close its Denver, Colorado distribution center; Lightning Source Inc.'s agreement with Didio Communications.
- Literary presses in crisis. Coffey, Michael // Publishers Weekly;11/20/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 47, p47
Focuses on small publishers' concerns over the factors that could bring an end to their growth cycle. Budget cut for the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA); Endangered status of independent booksellers; Threat from chain superstores; National clout of Ingram Book; Disappearance of...
- Will his stores survive? Lorinc, John // Quill & Quire;Jun97, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p9
Reports on operational and financial problems faced by Tom Bollum's book superstore mini-chain as of April 1997. Creditors of the superstore; Impact of failure of the superstore on its largest creditor U.S.-based wholesale company Ingram Corp.; Possible reasons for its problems.