- Wiley's Fiscal '04 Gets Off to Solid Start; College Revenue Rises 6.3%. // Educational Marketer;9/8/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p7
Reports on the revenue growth of Hoboken, New Jersey-based company John Wiley & Sons Inc. in the first quarter of the fiscal year 2004. Factors for the growth in the revenue of the company; Impact of growth in sales of life-science titles of the company in enhancing the first quarter revenue;...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;9/10/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p7
Reports the financial status of John Wiley and Son, a book publishing company in the United States. Percentage of net income increase; Announcement of the first quarter results; Increase on the profitability of the division.
- Wiley has strong second quarter; Inks more deals. // Publishers Weekly;12/8/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 50, p16
Reports on John Wiley & Sons' strong results for the six-month period ended October 31, 1997. Announcement of a number of publishing partnerships; Statement of net income, sales gains and earnings; Improvement due to gains in all of the company's core businesses; Strategy used by Wiley to grow...
- New Wiley licensing policy alarms index publishers. G.F. // American Libraries;Apr95, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p289
Reports that John Wiley & Sons has begun imposing licensing fees for the use of its abstracts by secondary publishers of abstracting and indexing titles. The attempt to increase revenues in the face of declining journal subscriptions; Other aspects.
- Wiley says no restructuring. J.M. // Publishers Weekly;10/13/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 42, p13
Reports John Wiley's denial of a report in the October 13, 1997 issue of `Business Week' that said the company planned to merge with another company or sell its college division. Wiley president Charles Ellis' memorandum to employees claiming the article was only speculation; Comments from...
- For Cliffs Notes, the big 4-0. M. C. // Publishers Weekly;3/9/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 10, p41
Presents a look at the Cliffs Notes company on the occasion of its 40th anniversary. Its founder Clifton Hillegass; Its beginnings in Lincoln, Nebraska; A defense of the abridged works of literature; Plans for the anniversary celebration.
- Wiley adds new titles in several categories to its lineup. Weinstein, Deborah // Medical Marketing & Media;May2013, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p21
The article reports on publishing firm John Wiley & Sons Inc. or Wiley's 66 addition of publication titles in various categories in 2014 which include scientific and medical research as well as education.
- Bookish interest. // Crain's New York Business;03/29/99, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p70
Reports that a group of investors that included the Bass family has increased its stake in Manhattan, New York City-based publishing company John Wiley & Sons Inc.
- Wiley Looks for More Gains After Solid Fiscal '10. // Publishers Weekly;6/21/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 24, p9
The article reports on the announcement by Will Pesce, chief executive officer (CEO) of publisher John Wiley, that he expects improvements in the company's sales in fiscal 2011.