Christian Publishers Take Their Vows: 'I Will Go After The ABA Market In A Huge Way.'
- MPBA Retires Bestseller Lists. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;1/24/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 4, p172
Reports on the termination of the bestseller list of Mountains and Plains Booksellers Association (MPBA) in the United States. Support of MPBA to the American Booksellers Association's Book Sense initiative; Comments from Lisa Knudsen, executive director of MPBA; Reason behind MPBA decision to...
- GLBA: Fears about effects of Chicago ABA come true. Angel, Karen; Birge, Andrew Byerly // Publishers Weekly;10/2/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 40, p23
Reports on the substantial decline in attendance for the 1995 Great Lakes Booksellers Association (GLBA) trade show held on September 15 to 17, 1995 in Grand Rapids, Michigan attributed to the American Booksellers Association (ABA) show's move to Chicago, Illinois. Introduction of GLBA...
- Booksellers blast Macmillan plan. Mutter, John; Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/25/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 35, p16
Focuses on the American Booksellers Association and the Mountains & Plains Booksellers Association, who have openly criticized Macmillan Publishing's policy. What the two associations' criticisms are based upon; How Deb Romanczuk from Macmillan has defended the publisher's policy.
- ABC in Talks With ABA. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;4/6/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 14, p7
The article reveals speculations about the plans of the Association of Booksellers for Children (ABC) to merge with the American Booksellers Association (ABA). According to Kristen McLean, executive director of ABC, any plans of a merger is at least a year away. The ABC board noted that the...
- Two Regionals Take on Internet Sales Taxes. // Publishers Weekly;5/29/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 22, p38
Reports that the Mountains and Plains Booksellers Association and the American Booksellers Association awarded Utah Governor Michael Leavitt for his support of equitable tax collection on the Internet. Remark from Leavitt; Impact of the moratorium on Internet taxes; Argument raised by the groups.
- New marketing scheme links Christian publishers, booksellers. Griffin, W. // Publishers Weekly;8/25/89, Vol. 236 Issue 8, p44
Announces the Christian Booksellers Association's new national marketing partnership for Christian retailers and suppliers called LifeDiscovery. What the program will provide to participating stores; Fifteenth Anniversary of the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association; Activities and...
- News from the ABC. Schnol, J. // Publishers Weekly;2/23/90, Vol. 237 Issue 8, p138
Reports on the Association of American Booksellers for Children. Their new venture; Raffle held to help the California booksellers affected by the earthquake; Peace kit.
- Washington indies form association. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;1/30/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 5, p32
Reports on the establishment of the Washington Independent Booksellers Association. Formulation of a mission statement; Cosponsoring of several events.
- CBA eyes ways to expand business. Bates, Patricia // Billboard;3/22/97, Vol. 109 Issue 12, p69
Discusses news relating to the Christian Booksellers Association (CBA) and the CBA Expo '97. The belief that there will be a higher demand for Christian videos, books, music, and computer software as the second millennium nears; Comment from CBA chairman and owner of Evangel Inc. Steve Adams;...