Barnes & Noble, Follett Pick Up Most Pieces From Wallace's Bookstores Liquidation
- Wallace's Stores in Chapter 11, Future in Doubt. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;3/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 11, p9
Reports that Wallace's Bookstores and Wallace's Book Co. have filed for Chapter11 bankruptcy reorganization in federal court in Delaware. Value of the financing; Background of the two companies; Amount the companies owe for their largest creditors.
- College Bookstore Gets Smart. // Chain Store Age;Sep2000, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p160
Discusses the store fixtures at Wallace's College Bookstores. Description of the `flex smart' concept; Advantages of the store's fixturing and wall system; Details on the store's point-of-sale system.
- Stony Brook throws book at Wallace's Bookstores. Markus, Stuart // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/06/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 14, p8A
Reports that the State University of New York in Stony Brook, New York, plans to terminate its contract with Wallace's Bookstores Inc., which manages the university's bookstore. Concerns regarding the financial viability of Wallace's Bookstores; Net value of the outstanding debts of Wallace's...
- Sale Pending This Week In Wallace's Bookstores Bankruptcy; Book-Buybacks, New Orders Shelved. // Educational Marketer;04/16/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p1
Anticipates the sale of Wallace's Bookstores Inc. after it declared bankruptcy as of April 16, 2001.
- Immunity Contest: Bankruptcy Suit Could Help States. Bergman, Hannah // American Banker;4/8/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 67, p3
Reports that a U.S. Supreme Court case between a bankrupt bookseller's trustees and four public Virginia colleges could affect how much banks and other creditors recover from debtors. Court which must decide whether the Constitution shields states from the jurisdiction of federal bankruptcy...
- Stevens to head Wallace Chain. // Publishers Weekly;3/23/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 12, p19
Announces the appointment of Steve Stevens as president of Wallace Bookstores, Inc. Wallace's consideration of plans to expand into the general book area; Comments by Stevens.
- Wallace's Bookstores Owner Files Chapter 11. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;2/19/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 8, p10
Reports that former Kentucky Governor Wallace Wilkinson, owner of Wallace's Bookstores and ecampus.com, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Largest creditor of Wallace's Bookstores; Problems of Wilkinson; Charge made by creditors against Wilkinson. INSET: GOOD HEIR.
- Dart said to be considering sale of stake in Crown. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/15/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 38, p14
Reports rumors that Wallace's Bookstores are in discussions to acquire Dart Group's 52-percent interest in Crown Publishers. Source of the information; Case of a smaller company acquiring a larger one; Details of company's finances; Wallace's operation of a used textbook wholesale business and...
- Bookstores. Truong, Tommy T. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/01/98 Supplement 98 Book of List, Issue 322310, p89
Lists the top bookstores in the Central San Joaquin Valley in California as ranked by square footage of book sales area in 1997. Includes Borders Books Music Cafe; Barnes and Noble Booksellers; Tower Books.