3G Hits A Technology Speed Bump
- NTT DoCoMo plans experimental 4G system. // RCR Wireless News;3/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p40
Announces the plan of NTT DoCoMo Inc. to construct an experimental system for fourth-generation (4G) packet wireless communications. Features of the experimental 4G system; Schedule of its launching.
- 3G Makes Quiet Debut In Tokyo. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;10/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the launching of the third-generation (3G) wireless network by NTT DoCoMo in Japan. Availability of the 3G network; Number of new customers expected to subscribe to the 3G; Factors which may affect the market popularity of the network in the country.
- 3G: Is The Race Over? Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;05/07/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p1
Discusses the issue of which telecommunication carrier in Japan will win the race to third generation (3G) wireless communication after NTT DoCoMo has delayed its 3G launch. Elements that make up the IMT-2000 or 3G standard; First carriers in the United States with 3G networks; Likely result if...
- A new i-mode of communication. Kilburn, David // Marketing Week;7/20/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p30
Reports that DoCoMo is counting on the success of its wireless Internet technology i-mode in Japan to enable it to dominate Europe's wireless application markets. Purchase of a 20 percent stake in British communications firm Hutchison 3G; Improvement plans for i-mode; Development of a broader...
- Today, Tokyo Tomorrow, the World! Rohwer, Jim // Fortune;9/18/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 6, p140
Focuses on the wireless Web service company, NTT DoCoMo, in Japan. Success of the cellular company; Potential of the i-mode phones; Obstacles that DoCoMo faces with its lack of international experience; Details of revenues, profits, and share price.
- America's bad call. Stross, Randall E. // U.S. News & World Report;09/04/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 9, p47
Reports on the failure of the United States to remain competitive in the international cellular telephone-based Internet industry. Ubiquity of Web phone technology in Japan; Wireless telecommunication services offered by Japan's NTT DoCoMo; Political aspects of America's stunted growth in the...
- Asia still leads 3G path. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;06/28/99, Vol. 236 Issue 26, p16
Deals with the third generation (3G) wireless communication system, the subject matter at the CommunicAsia99 show in Singapore. NTT DoCoMo and its implementation of 3G for multimedia services; Advantage/benefit of the system; What 3G services require.
- 3G on the couch. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p12
Comments on the delays in the launching of third-generation (3G) wireless communication services by wireless carriers. Factors contributing to the delay; Delay of NTT DoCoMo's and British Telecom's 3G wireless launch; Search for 3G frequency spectrum in the United States.
- Command & Control. Seybold, Andrew // Wireless Week;6/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p45
Discusses how wireless devices can function as primary command and control devices. Trends in wireless devices; Examples of other command and control features and functions of wireless devices; Information on the 3G phones of NTT DoCoMo.