Intel Pushes Into Wireless
- In Brief. // Wireless Review;6/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p12
Presents news briefs on the wireless telecommunication industry as of June 2001. Addition of Mobliss' polling technology to the PocketNet service of AT&T Wireless; Prediction on Latin America's revenue from wireless Internet in 2004.
- Intel strides deeper into wireless with chip news. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/14/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p13
Reports on the partnership between Intel Corp. and AT&T Wireless Services Inc. for the distribution of wide area network and wireless local area network services in the U.S. in July 2003. Terms of the agreement; Information on the plans of Intel to develop silicon products; Other projects of...
- Time, Money & the Web. // Wireless Review;10/1/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p80
Provides answers to questions concerning the wireless Internet service. Verizon Wireless' wireless Internet service billing terms; Information on the Internet service price plan of AT&T Wireless.
- Flat Is Where It's At. Galatowitsch, Sheila // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p1A
Reports on the rates for wireless Internet access in the United States. Flat rates offered by US West Wireless Inc. and AT&T Wireless Services; Effects of lower and predictable pricing to consumers; Per-minute plans offered by Sprint PCS and Verizon Wireless; Comparison between flat rate and...
- Deck Options. // Wireless Review;05/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p8
Presents information on wireless Web services offered by telecommunication companies. Deck options offered by the Web-Unwireed service of Alltel; How AT&T Wireless PocketNet subscribers can bookmark Web sites; Features of the wireless service offered by Cingular.
- As data starts to drip revenues, carriers need to address challenges. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;7/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p6
Reports on assertions of Jim Grams of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. regarding the revenue share of wireless data services in the U.S. carrier earnings by 2007. Advancement in technology accomplished by the wireless data industry; Advantage of using the Internet over multimedia messaging system;...
- AT&T introduces wireless Internet service. // RCR;05/22/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p7
Reports on the introduction of AT&T Wireless Services Inc.'s Digital PocketNet wireless Internet service. Improvements over the company's initial attempt at wireless Internet service; Basic plan features; Analysts' assessment of the AT&T model.
- Carriers weigh SMS interoperability. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;6/18/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 25, p78
Deals with a two-way short message service (SMS) technology developed by mobile Internet solutions provider Infospace that would enable text messaging interoperability across all wireless network systems in the United States (U.S.). Information on other companies that launched two-way SMS...
- Mobile porn lucrative, troublesome. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;9/13/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p28
Focuses on the efforts of governments, concerned citizens, and wireless companies from various countries to control mobile pornography. Investment pledged by the South Korean government to develop technologies to protect children from Internet pornography; Information on the opt-in program...