New Contracts for Key Cable Execs
- TALKBACK. Lancaster, Paul; Mullins, Anne // Multichannel News;1/11/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p20
The article presents the readers viewpoint on the comments made by Brian Roberts, chief executive officer (CEO) of Comcast Corp., and James Dolan, CEO of Cablevision Systems Corp.
- More Cloud Power Comes to the DVR. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;2/10/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p24
The article reports that Comcast, the largest mass media and communications company, is following cable television company Cablevision into the cloud computing, making its first network digital video recorder in Boston, Massachusetts.
- People. // Multichannel News;4/5/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p18
The article offers information on several executives including the appointment of Todd Brecher as the senior vice president at the company MSO Cablevision Systems Corp., Girdner being selected as vice president at the company Comcast Corp. and the selection of Dorothy Crompton at the Eyeworks...
- Pay Bumps for Burke, Rutledge. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/12/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p23
The article reports on the compensation of Comcast Corp. chief operating officer Steve Burke and Cablevision Systems Corp. chief operating officer Tom Rutledge. Burke's compensation rose by 50 percent in 2009 while Rutledge compensation is said to be more than doubled to 26 million U.S. dollars...
- Through the Wire. Farrell, Mike; Spangler, Todd; Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;1/11/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p8
The article reports about James Dolan, chief executive officer (CEO) of Cablevision Systems, questioning Brian Roberts, chairman and CEO of Comcast Corp. during a conference. Dolan asked Roberts about his concern for basic bundle and its impact on programming and distributor businesses. In...
- 'Wonder Women' Share Lessons, Life Stories and Advice. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;3/31/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p32
The article offers information on the 16th Annual Wonder Women luncheon that was held in March 2014 which included women executives from the cable television industry. Topics discussed include Comcast's Kathryn Zachem, one of the first women to be a day laborer for U.S. Steel in Pittsburg,...
- Comcast Channel Wins Big Cablevision Clearance. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;12/14/98, Vol. 8 Issue 47, p18
Reports on Comcast Corp.'s expansion of the reach of its CN8 regional public affairs channel by 600,000 homes in central and northern New Jersey. Distribution deal with Cablevision Systems Corp.; Plans to add more homes in mid-Atlantic states.
- Mixed Results Hit Cablevision, Comcast Shares. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p12
Reports the financial performance of Cablevision Systems Corp. and Comcast Corp. for the first quarter of 2001 in the United States. Decrease in stock of Cablevision by more than seven percent; Percentage of cash flow growth on Cablevision's cable operations; Cash flow losses of Comcast on its...
- Show swappers. // Business News New Jersey;08/24/98, Vol. 11 Issue 30, p3
Reports on the development of original programming by Comcast and Cablevision, the two largest cable systems in New Jersey. Comcast's sports and call-in programs; Nomination of Comcast for a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-area Emmy award; Swapping of shows by the companies in November 1998.