Next-Generation Poster Boards
- Suffer the missing children? Wilson, Tadd // Reason;Nov95, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p47
Questions the figures used by the United States government regarding missing children to justify the allocation of resources to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) and related organizations. Disparity among estimates due to the controversy over the definition of...
- High-tech manhunt. Zimmerman, Michael R. // PC Week;5/6/96, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p47
Reports on the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children's (NCMEC) use of computer technology to locate missing children in the United States. Success rate of NCMEC in locating missing children; Improvement in NCMEC's computer system.
- When kids get lost. Marx-Smith, Kaarin // Parenting;May98, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p40
Recommends several tips to avoid losing a child in a crowed mall, reference from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. What parents should do; Detailed information.
- Truckers help children find The Road Home. // Overdrive;May96, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p44
Focuses on `The Road Home: Truckers Helping Children Find the Way,' a fund raising and awareness program to benefit the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Opportunity for truckers to help reunite families; Calls for help received by The Lost, a national hot line; Donations...
- `I lost a baby, and when I got him back he was a toddler'. Jackson, Donald Dale // Smithsonian;Oct95, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p70
Focuses on the efforts of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) to locate missing children through the use of technology. Categories of missing children listed by NCMEC; Establishment of the Center by the Justice Department; Use of sophisticated software to age missing...
- Missing children. Allen, Ernie // USA Today Magazine;Jul94, Vol. 123 Issue 2590, p46
No abstract available.
- Money, missing children, and angry mothers. // Mothering;Mar/Apr98, Issue 87, p31
Focuses on the cause related marketing activities on missing children in the United States. Issue on the statistics of children who were reported legitimately kidnapped; Comment of Donna Parker of Parents Information Network on child sexual offenders.
- Justice Department To Create Center For Missing Children. // Education Week;4/18/1984, Vol. 3 Issue 30, p2
The article reports on the creation of a center for missing children in U.S. President Ronald Reagan announced that the Justice Department will take charge and provide funds for the creation of a National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. This center provides several services like...
- Missing children kiosk at Manchester Airport. // New Hampshire Business Review;11/24/95, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p25
Reports on the creation of a missing children kiosk at the Manchester Airport in New Hampshire. Purchase of multimedia interactive kiosk; Selection by airport by National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and the state police; Other airports that are linked to nationwide missing...