- Emergency call button. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;May2012, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p47
The article offers brief information on the Butler XP emergency call button from Long Range Systems Inc., which will be exhibited at the Safety & Health Expo on May 15-17, 2012 at the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) in Birmingham, England.
- RESERVATION Renaissance. Hodl, James J. // Casino Journal;Jun2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p20
Presents information on several software-based reservation systems employed in casinos. OPERA from Micros Systems Inc.; HostAlert from Ameranth Wireless Inc.; Total Control from Long Range Systems. INSETS: Upping the ante;Talk to the screen.
- EXHIBITOR ROUND-UP. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/27/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4555, p68
The article presents several products that will be exhibited at the "Hostec Marketplace" event in January 2009. The Ariane Systems will exhibit its indoor DUO 4000 kiosk and its outdoor DUO 1600 range and will also introduce its statistics and alarm module. The Minibar UK will display a range of...
- Consumers Want Nerd-free, Hands-free Technology. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on the growing market for hands-free accessories for mobile communication devices. What fueled sales of the accessories; Reason for the lukewarm stance of telecommunication carriers to hands-free devices; Main attributes sought by consumers from the accessories.
- Mobile Explosion. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p22
Predicts the increase in the number of subscribers of mobile Internet services in the United States by 2007, according to a study. Telecommunication carriers' revenue from the Internet in 2000; Device choices that will influence mobile Internet usage patterns.
- Portable Numbers For Mobile Phones. Drucker, Elliott // Wireless Week;10/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p12
Discusses number portability for mobile phones in the U.S.. Limitations of local number portability; Details on the operation of local number portability; Benefits of portable number class.
- Smarter Devices Drive Need for Tech Support. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;Sep2010, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p21
The article discusses why smarter devices like the smartphones require more technical support because of their complex nature.
- Scanning... // Mobile Radio Technology;Aug2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p59
Reports developments in the mobile radio industry in United States as of August 2001. Selection of Intergraph Public Safety to provide a records management system for law enforcement; License given to New World System software for IBM iSeries 400 platform; Certification of the American Mobile...
- Consensus? We got a consensus? Glory be. Bishop, Don // Mobile Radio Technology;Sep2002, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p4
Comments on key issues and developments relevant to the mobile communication industry in the U.S. Elimination of interference to public safety radio communications; Regulation of the telecommunication industry; Implications for policies governing telecommunication.