Calling On The Youth Market
- MVNOs: Money Ventures from Niche Operations. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p8
Focuses on the actions taken by wireless carriers to attract customers and maintain their brand identity. List of carriers that formed partnership with consumer brands in mobile virtual network operator agreements; Views of analysts on the partnerships; Details of a deal launched by Sprint PCS...
- Treading On Virgin Territory. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;1/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p22
Analyzes the mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) deal between Sprint PCS and Virgin Mobile. Implications of the agreement; History of MVNO in the U.S.; Skepticism against the business model; Requirements for MVNO to succeed.
- Sprint PCS, Virgin crawl to alliance. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;6/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p1
Focuses on a brief issued by Sprint PCS confirming that Sprint and Virgin Mobile were in merger discussions, but no definitive agreement had been reached. Details on Virgin Mobile; Reason of Virgin Mobile in considering Sprint's network according to Jane Zweig, chief executive officer of The...
- Virgin Mobile coming to America. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;08/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p1
Announces the plan of virtual network operator Virgin Mobile USA to sign an agreement with a telecommunication carrier in the United States and offer nationwide service by the end of 2001.
- Virgin Mobile to open up third party premium SMS. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;1/23/2003, p3
Focuses on the decision of Virgin Mobile to open up third party reverse billing for short messaging system (SMS) service. Benefits to content providers; Reason for the reluctance of Virgin Mobile to allow third party premium SMS access in year 2002; Issues on the quality of SMS services.
- Virgin Mobile sets sights on Asia. // RCR Wireless News;6/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p40
Reports on the plan of Virgin Mobile to expand its mobile virtual network operations into the Asian market. Cost of the expansion; Expansion period targeted by the company; Target markets of the company in Asia.
- New Competitor Steps In Strong. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;05/07/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the emergence of virtual network operators in the United States such as Virgin Mobile that might become strong competitor of wireless communication system operators. Strategy of Virgin Mobile; Remaining uncertainties about third-generation wireless services; Impact of consolidation...
- Virgin Mobile Looks For A Revolution. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;10/15/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 42, p6
Announces the plan of Virgin Mobile and Sprint PCS to launch a U.S. virtual wireless network in 2002. Implications of the move to the industry and consumers; Terms of agreement; Details of the mobile virtual network operator initiative of Sprint PCS.
- Wireless Firms Step Up Calls to Teen Market. Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;9/23/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 34, p10
Deals with the shift of advertising focus by U.S. wireless firms on teens. Partnership between Sprint PCS with Virgin Mobile to launch an advertisement aimed at teens; Information on the advertisement launched by Boost Mobile; Move taken by Cingular to tap the teen market.