Active Trial Under Way
- ActiveSky signs interactive streaming video test partners. // RCR Wireless News;7/2/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p34
Reports that ActiveSky has signed Access, Casio, Dentsu and other content providers to test consumer and business applications of interactive streaming video and rich media on wireless devices. Capabilities of the ActiveSky platform; Content providers that are taking part in the trial.
- Top-heavy in telecom. Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Jan2001, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on the need for telecommunication leaders to downsize their assets to regain fitness. Turnover of BT to international partner AT&T; Questions raised by chief executive officers; Market-makers of wireline telecom.
- Unprecedented Global Change. Farrill, Craig // Wireless Week;11/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p73
Observes the wireless communication industry's need for partnerships where wireless, Internet, computing and entertainment companies meld their expertise. What moving to next-generation wireless requires; Vision for the wireless future; What the industry lacks to cover the needs ahead.
- Looking for Trouble. Miletic, Rich // Wireless Review;01/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p52
Offers a look at the drive-testing activities of wireless-network companies to identify network problems. Equipment used for data gathering; Productivity of network engineers and technicians; Solution attributes.
- Testing: From Antenna to Telco. Loberg, Chris; Walker, Joe // Wireless Review;11/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p52
Offers suggestions on testing and monitoring wireless data communication networks. What increases the complexity of testing and trouble shooting; Factors that prevent revenue-generating calls; Advantage of using protocol analyzer. INSET: Vendors look ahead to 3G.
- South Korea: Wireless testbed. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p29
Reports on the popularity of South Korea as experimentation ground for technologies in wireless communications. Potential benefits of third-generation technology; Reasons behind the country's popularity in wireless technology experiments; Stance taken by the government on business proposals...
- And Now...Shorts In Your Palm. McGinity, Meg // Inter@ctive Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p20
Reports on the alliance of Undergroundfilm.com with ActiveSky to make its short films available on Palm wireless devices by mid-June 2000. Comments from Mike Kelly, chief executive of Undergroundfilm; How to view films or other video from a Palm device; Hurdles in the United States market for...
- Testing above 1 GHz. Quinnell, Richard A. // Test & Measurement World;Sep2004, Vol. 24 Issue 8, pE1
Focuses on the testing of wireless communications systems, including networking and domestic telephones, that are above one gigahertz in the U.S. Problems of regulatory bodies in defining requirements and test procedures to cover higher frequencies; Typical practice for measuring emissions.
- Global operators ally on mobile-phone interface. // RCR Wireless News;6/28/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p15
Reports on the launching of the Open Mobile Terminal Platform (OMTP) Ltd. alliance by European wireless operators to define standard applications interface requirements for mobile device platforms. List of member wireless carriers in the alliance; Aim of the alliance; Effect that the OMTP will...