New Victors In Handheld War
- PDA industry aims to get back in investors' good graces. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;12/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p4
Reports on the personal digital assistant and wireless data device industry as of December 24, 2001. Information on the performance of the company Palm; Agreement of Research in Motion Ltd. with Nextel Communications Inc.; Plans of Handspring Inc.
- Handhelds: Hold hands! Lashinsky, Adam // Fortune;6/11/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 12, p228
Argues that companies Palm and Handspring should merge. Rivalry between the companies; How both are not performing well; Price war between the companies which is contributing to lost revenue; History of Palm and Handspring.
- Handspring and Palm: HotSync Sunk? Johnston, Stuart J. // PCWorld;Aug2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p41
Reports on a problem with Palm and Handspring Visor personal digital assistants. Description of the problems.
- Competitors set sights on RIM. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;6/10/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p16
Reports on the competitors of Research In Motion (RIM) in the handheld computer market. Features of the RIM BlackBerry 5810 handheld; Handheld released by Handspring Outlook for the device released by Danger's.
- Handheld companies suffer through storm. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;9/30/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p14
Reports on the market performance of wireless computer companies in the U.S. as of September 2002, including Palm Inc., Handspring Inc. and Research In Motion Ltd. (RIM). Effort taken by Handspring to reduce costs and focus more closely on its mobile phone products; Action taken by Palm to...
- Retailers: It's Hard To Get PalmPilots. Gilroy, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;07/10/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p33
Reports that retailers across the United States are reporting back-orders on Palm handheld computers due to a shortage of key components. Increased demand seen for Palm products; Gains in sales posted by Handspring as a result of the Palm shortage.
- BIT--SIZED. // J@pan Inc.;Nov2001, Issue 25, p12
Describes the top ten personal digital assistants or pocket computers available in Japan as of November 2001. Sharp Zaurus MI-E21; Palm m105 Palm Handheld; Handspring Visor Platinum.
- PDA COMPANIES PLAY SLOTS. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;03/19/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p31
Reports on the development of a bevy of handheld devices featuring expansion slots for holding a variety of add-on modules, from gaming applications to digital cameras, that will give users new choices in the form and function of their personal digital assistants (PDAs). Handspring Inc.'s Visor...
- Palm, Handspring Camps Get A Boost. Gilroy, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/24/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p32
Features several innovated pocket computers in the United States. Specifications of m125 pocket computer model by Palm Inc.; Price of the m125 model; Price of the Handspring Inc. Visor pro with 16MB of random access memory pocket computers.