New Victors In Handheld War
- PDA industry aims to get back in investors' good graces. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;12/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p4
Reports on the personal digital assistant and wireless data device industry as of December 24, 2001. Information on the performance of the company Palm; Agreement of Research in Motion Ltd. with Nextel Communications Inc.; Plans of Handspring Inc.
- Handhelds: Hold hands! Lashinsky, Adam // Fortune;6/11/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 12, p228
Argues that companies Palm and Handspring should merge. Rivalry between the companies; How both are not performing well; Price war between the companies which is contributing to lost revenue; History of Palm and Handspring.
- Handspring and Palm: HotSync Sunk? Johnston, Stuart J. // PCWorld;Aug2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p41
Reports on a problem with Palm and Handspring Visor personal digital assistants. Description of the problems.
- Competitors set sights on RIM. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;6/10/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p16
Reports on the competitors of Research In Motion (RIM) in the handheld computer market. Features of the RIM BlackBerry 5810 handheld; Handheld released by Handspring Outlook for the device released by Danger's.
- Handheld companies suffer through storm. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;9/30/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p14
Reports on the market performance of wireless computer companies in the U.S. as of September 2002, including Palm Inc., Handspring Inc. and Research In Motion Ltd. (RIM). Effort taken by Handspring to reduce costs and focus more closely on its mobile phone products; Action taken by Palm to...
- A handful of upgrades. // Fortune;10/15/2001, Vol. 144 Issue 7, p258
Reviews handheld computer upgrades from Palm and Handspring. Discussion of the Handspring Visor Pro handheld computer, the Palm m125 handheld computer and the Handspring Visor Neo handheld computer; Features; Costs.
- Palm and Handspring Go Hand to Hand. Gimein, Mark // Fortune;9/18/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 6, p319
Discusses the success of handheld computer device company, Handspring. How Palm is licensing its software to Handspring; Competition that Handspring is providing for Palm in the growing sales of its handheld devices; Ideas for founding Handspring by Donna Dubinsky and Jeff Hawkins.
- BIT--SIZED. // J@pan Inc.;Nov2001, Issue 25, p12
Describes the top ten personal digital assistants or pocket computers available in Japan as of November 2001. Sharp Zaurus MI-E21; Palm m105 Palm Handheld; Handspring Visor Platinum.
- PDA Price Slashing Continues. // Wireless Week;05/21/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p16
Reports on the reduction in prices of personal digital assistants. Reduction in the cost of Handspring's VisorPhone attachment; Reduction in the price of Palm's Palm VIIx.