Palm Digs Itself Out Of The Hole
- Palm Lays Off 16% of Workforce. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/17/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p101
Reports on the reduction in the workforce of Palm in the U.S. Number of employees dismissed; Forecast of revenue guidance for the fiscal second quarter ending November 30.
- Palm shuts down MyPalm portal, meets quarterly guidance. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;12/3/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p24
Reports on the decision of Palm Inc. to shut down its MyPalm Internet portal. Downsizing of the company; Corporate profit of the company; Plans of Palm for its Palm.Net wireless Internet service.
- Jobs at risk at Spirent sites as third quarter shows loss. Druce, Chris // Electronics Weekly;10/16/2002, Issue 2072, p14
Reports on the workforce reduction plan of Spirent for its communications division in Great Britain. Influence of the third quarter 2002 business losses to the plan; Implementation of a cost-saving initiative; Profitability of the group in 2003.
- the tally. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;8/3/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 30, p4
The article reports on the 2,000 job cuts and senior executives shuffling of Research in Motion Ltd., which is part of its cost saving plans in relation to its tough smartphone market competition and falling profits at 26.67 dollars in U.S. shares.
- More cuts on the way? Brooks, David // New Hampshire Business Review;9/23/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p4
The article reports on the continuous workforce reduction by FairPoint Communications Inc. due to the company's financial losses after acquiring Verizon's landline and Internet business in New England in 2007.
- 70 Stroh Brewery jobs are casualties of beer price war. Stopa, Marsha // Crain's Detroit Business;11/17/97, Vol. 13 Issue 46, p3
Reports about the jobs eliminated by Stroh Brewery Co. due to a company wide cost cutting move on November 7, 1997. Reasons given by President and chief executive officer (CEO) William Henry to explain the losses suffered by the company; Information on the price war brought about by Miller...
- Business. Sperling, Nicole // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/20/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 49, p84
Reports development concerning entertainment industry in the U.S. as of November 2001. Reorganization plans for the joint venture of AOL Time Warner and Bertelsmann AG; Financial losses of Liberty Media Corp. in the third quarter; Retrenchment of Yahoo! Inc.
- RWE Trading unit's loss doubles. // Energy Today (Hungary);11/15/2013, p4
The article reports on the plans of German utility company RWE AG to implement a 10 percent workforce cut in anticipation of a 50 percent decline in profit in 2014.
- Another Loss Is Forecast. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/15/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the third quarter loss forecast of Motorola for 2002. Outlook for the Motorola forecast sales in all operating units; Downsizing plan of the company; Financial information on the company.