Agere Leads Layoff List
- News Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;7/2/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p3
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of July 2, 2001. Features of the Nokia 8390 wireless phone to be launched at the Fall Comdex 2001 trade show in November; Number of workers planned by Agere Systems to reduce in the third quarter of the year; Terms of the agreement...
- PACKETS. // Wireless Week;12/10/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 49, p8
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication service industry as of December 10, 2001. Release of the Oracle9i Application Server by Oracle Corp.; Decision of Agere Systems Inc. to cut its workforce; Venture fund created by Nokia Corp.
- NOKIA TO CUT 10,000 JOBS AFTER WEAK SECOND QUARTER. // Eastern Worker;May2012, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p31
The article reports that loss-making Finnish cellphone maker Nokia plans to cut another 10,000 jobs globally on its biggest restructuring in history, as of June 2012.
- Can Nokia Save $2B by the End of 2013? Noto, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2013, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the goal of Nokia Corp. to save $2 billion by the end of 2013 by streamlining its operations and reducing about 10,000 jobs.
- Nokia Shifts U.S. Jobs. // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the move of Nokia to shift some of its mobile-phone manufacturing from its Texas factories to its facilities in Korea and Mexico. Expected job loss in Texas; Plans for its factory in Texas.
- UK avoids worst of Nokia job cull. // Electronics Weekly;8/14/2002, Issue 2064, p10
Reports on the commitment of British operations at Nokia Networks to avoid the 900 global job losses as of August 2002. Factors which affected infrastructure operations; Plans for job reduction.
- NOKIA STAFF CUTS. // Total Telecom+;May2012, p4
The article reports on the plans of telecommunications company Nokia to transfer 3,000 of its staff and to cut an additional 4,000 jobs by the end of 2012 to reduce its operating expenses.
- Nokia cuts 50 R&D positions. // RCR Wireless News;3/15/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p28
Reports on the 50 job positions cut by Nokia Corp. at its research and development facility in Texas. Reason for the layoff implemented by the company according to Nokia Spokeswoman Laurie Armstrong.
- Nokia to Slash 10,000 Jobs, Shut Facilities. // Dataquest;7/15/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p84
The article reports on the plan of Nokia Corp. to reduce up to 10,000 jobs worldwide by the end of 2013.