Telecom Investors Acquire PrimeCo
- Planting the pleasant surprise. Wilson, Carol // America's Network;7/15/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 11, p34
Presents an author's opinion on the plan of Supercomm Inc. and Verizon Communication Inc. to work together to pursue fiber-to-the-premises technology in the U.S. Purpose of the arrangement; Realistic expectation about the prospects of fiber; Process of making aerial and buried connections as...
- MCI opts for Verizon, shuns Qwest. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;Apr2005, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the decision of long-distance telephone company MCI Communications Corp. to accept a lower bid of takeover from Verizon Communications Inc. instead of accepting the offer from Qwest in the U.S. The decision of MCI to opt for lower bid is due to the speculation that Qwest...
- CENTURYTEL SHUTS DOOR ON ALLTEL ACQUISITION. Parthenios, Amalia D. // Telephony;10/29/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the intention of CenturyTel to acquire local access lines in Alabama and Missouri from Verizon Communication. Impact of the access line acquisition on Alltel's bid for CenturyTel; Issues that might block CenturyTel's deal with Verizon; Strategies to solve Centurytel's problem on...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: TELECOMMUNICATIONS. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/30/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 26, p52
Presents statistics on investment banking position of various companies involved in telecommunication sector in the U.S. Types of securities; Loan package amount of Verizon Communications Inc.; Global debt deals of Telesp Celular Participacoes; Merger and acquisition deals announced in...
- Verizon to acquire AOL in a $4.4 billion deal. Stubbs, Agnes // Capacity Magazine;6/1/2015, p1
Verizon Communications has agreed to acquire AOL in a $4.4 billion deal in a push to advance its ambitions in mobile video advertising.
- Short Takes. // Network World;4/1/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p29
Presents updates related to the telecommunication industry in the U.S. as of April 2002. Acquisition the software company Exodus by Cable & Wireless; Development of the security system Essential Security Audit; Application of Verizon Communications Inc. to the Federal Communications Commission...
- Verizon reports higher adds, buys Pa. licenses. // RCR Wireless News;1/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p9
Presents an update on telecommunication company Verizon Communications Inc. in the U.S. as of January 13, 2003. Addition of customers of Verizon; Acquisition of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based Alltel Corp.
- Verizon to acquire EdgeCast Networks. Hedges, Laura // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
US telecoms conglomerate Verizon is reportedly in the process of acquiring CDN provider EdgeCast Networks.
- Don't count Verizon out yet. Javier, Pedro Valle // Caribbean Business;4/13/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p41
The article reports on the possible return of telecommunications company Verizon Communications to Puerto Rico upon closure of a deal with AmÃ©rica MÃ³vil. Verizon's merger with MCI made it the largest telecommunications industry in the world. However, it may no longer be true since an even...