- Orbiting Wall Street. // Satellite News;7/17/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p8
Presents news briefs on satellite companies in the U.S. as of July 2006. Increase in subscriber's fee of Canadian Satellite Radio; Acquisition of Maritime Communications Partner by Telenor; Decline in revenues of Audiovox Corp.
- RealNetworks Pushes Wireless Agenda. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;11/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p23
The article discusses the agenda of digital software and services firm RealNetworks after its acquisition of WiderThan in 2006. RealNetworks plans to capitalize on WiderThan's relationships with U.S. telecommunication operators such as Verizon Wireless and Cingular. RealNetworks is looking to...
- RealNetworks ponies up $350M for WiderThan. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p3
The article reports on the acquisition of WiderThan Co. Ltd. by RealNetworks Inc. The Seattle-based digital media company said it will spend $17.05 per share to acquire WiderThan, which provides ringback tones, on-demand music and other entertainment services to more than 50 wireless carriers...
- Audiovox buys Technuity for $20.5M. Heikens, Norm // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/19/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p35
The article reports that Audiovox Corp. has acquired Technuity Inc., an Indianapolis, Indiana-based exclusive North American licensee of Energizer Power Protection products and Energizer rechargeable batteries and accessories, for $16.5 million. The deal includes repayment of $4 million in debt....
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;7/2/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p1
Presents news briefs on the mobile telecommunication industry as of July 2, 2001. Value of the Vodafone shares sold by Telia; Plan of BPL Communications and Birla-Tata-AT&T to merge their operations; Reduction in personal communications service license.
- South Korean handset vendor buys majority stake in rival. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;5/9/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p19
Reports that handset vendor Pantech&Curitel has acquired a majority stake in the handset business of wireless carrier SK Telecom in South Korea. Value of the acquisition deal; Distribution deal between PanTech&Curitel and Audiovox in 2002; Performance of SK Telecom in the international wireless...
- News Headlines. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;Jul2007, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p6
The article offers news briefs related to telecommunication industry in the U.S. RealNetworks Inc. has acquired Sony NetServices, a joint venture between Sony DADC and Sony Europe. Nortel and Toshiba Corp. has teamed up to develop mobile WiMax base stations for Japanese and global markets....
- Sleepy Klipsch buyer out to make some noise. McLaughlin, Kathleen // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/6/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p1
The article reports that Audiovox Corp. is expecting a 30 percent increase in sales for 2011 after purchasing Klipsch Group Inc. in the U.S. Patrick Lavelle, chief executive officer (CEO) of Audiovox, states that investors have been curious of the outcome of the purchase. Audiovox has changed...
- Audiovox buys Code-Alarm to expand new-car biz. Strong, Michael // Crain's Detroit Business;1/7/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p1
Reports the acquisition of Code-Alarm by Audiovox Electronics Corp. in the United States. Provision of Power-Code Technology; History of Code-Alarm; Profitability of the company.