States May Play Follow The Leader
- New York Riders to Get "Justice for All". // Dealernews;Oct2006, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p18
The article reports that New York Governor George Pataki signed a law that automatically revokes and suspends the licenses and registrations of drivers convicted of violating another motorist's right-of-way which can cause injury or death. The American Motorcyclist Association applauded the new...
- AMERICANS SPLIT ON MOBILE RESTRICTIONS. // America's Network;11/01/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 16, p17
Presents the results of a survey of LightspeedResearch.com which found out the division of United States citizens over government restrictions on cellular telephone. Restriction on cell phone usage; Position of Verizon Wireless on cellular telephone restrictions.
- The Cell Phone Crusade. Levine, Shira // America's Network;11/01/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 16, p18
Reports on the move made by city halls and town council meetings from across the United States to ban the use of cellular telephone while driving. Lawsuit filed by Sprint PCS against the Township Council of Marlboro, New Jersey; Possible solutions to the risk of cellular phone use while...
- Cell phone to cell block. // Inter@ctive Week;04/26/99, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p41
Reports on the passage of a town ordinance in Brooklyn, Ohio that prohibits cellular phone use by motor vehicle drivers while driving. Amount of fine imposed on violators.
- Business leaders greet Pataki with numbers and enthusiasm. Crotty, Gail V. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p1
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's 1995 visit to Hudson Valley, New York. Message of careful cost-cutting and reduction in government size and business regulations; Focus on worker's compensation as an area that requires the greatest change; Comments on the State University of New...
- Hosting the governor requires preparations, security measures. Crotty, Gail V. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p8
Reports on the preparations at the Mid-Hudson Valley Conference Center luncheon during the New York Governor George Pataki's 1995 visit to Hudson Valley. Security measures; Complications from members of the country club.
- Pataki hails signing of $17 million Sterling Forest funding by Clinton. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/25/96, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p43
Reports on Governor George Pataki's commendation for President Clinton for signing into law a legislation that will allow New York and New Jersey to move forward with their agreement to protect Sterling Forest. Implications of the acquisition of Sterling Forest; Agreement to protect and...
- Inaugural fund-raiser. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;12/12/94, Vol. 10 Issue 50, p6
Reports on New York Governor-elect George Pataki's post-election fund-raiser for the January 1, 1995 inauguration.
- Politicians live (and die) by their images. Duby, Christopher Y. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/29/95, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p4
Opinion. Comments on the projected image of New York Governor George Pataki. Maintenance of the image of Pataki; Upsides and downsides of images.