Big Bucks For Infrastructure
- Sprint PCS signs network-upgrade agreements. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/2/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p3
Reports on the network-upgrade deals signed by Sprint PCS with Lucent Technologies Inc. and Nortel Networks. Value of the deals; Terms of the deals; Capital expenditures of the company for 2001.
- Who's On First? Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;04/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p26
No abstract available.
- Nortel and Calix Partner In Sprint Broadband Deal. Senia, Al // America's Network;11/1/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p8
This article reports that the local telecommunications division of Sprint Nextel Corp. awarded a two-year contract to Nortel Networks Corp. to supply its next-generation broadband video and data solution to local markets in 18 states. Richard Orgis, Nortel's manager of product marketing for...
- 3G future on trial. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;10/25/99, Vol. 237 Issue 17, p28
Focuses on the efforts of telecommunication companies to test their third-generation (3G) technology. Plans of Lucent Technologies to begin testing its 3G code division multiple access (CDMA) wireless technology in 2000; Efforts of Sprint PCS to increase its data transmission speed; Challenges...
- Untitled. // Wireless Week;04/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p28
Presents news briefs on telecommunications as of April 16, 2001. Over-the-air data call made by Lucent and Sprint PCS using third-generation technology; Product recall of Ericsson's R520 phones.
- 3G contract rebids give vendors second chance. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;4/7/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the possible advantage of the use of universal mobile telecommunications systems by small equipment vendors to win third generation (3G) contracts. Reason for the possible 3G contracts of Nortel Networks Ltd. and Lucent Technologies Inc.; Plans of Motorola Inc. to roll out its full...
- Higher data rates draw nearer. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;04/10/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 15, p57
Deals with trials of first code-division multiple access (CDMA) 1X calls in North America. Results of the trials conducted by Nortel Networks; Details on the trial conducted by Sprint PCS, Samsung Telecommunications America and Qualcomm; Potential of CDMA 1X to double the capacity of voice...
- Nortel wins Sprint Nextel broadband access contract. // RCR Wireless News;10/31/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p19
The article reveals that Nortel Networks Ltd. won a two-year contract to supply Sprint Nextel Corp. with its next generation broadband access solution. According to Nortel, it sells the Calix C7 as part of a strategic alliance with Calix. In other Nortel news, Rogers Communications Inc. paid...
- Companies Struggle To Make The Grade. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;3/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p20
Presents information on the downgrades of some telecommunication carriers in the U.S. as of March 25, 2002. Nortel; Avaya Inc.; Lucent. INSET: Recent Wireless Ratings Actions.