Appeals Court Vibrations
- Verizon Wireless lays cards on table in NextWave talks. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;10/1/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p7
Reports that Verizon Wireless gave the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) a list of conditions that must be met before a deal with NextWave Telecom Inc. could be consummated. Details of a letter from Dennis F. Strigl, chief executive of Verizon, to the FCC; Value of Verizon's...
- CINGULAR AND NEXTWAVE AGREE TO TERMS FOR SPECTRUM LICENSES. // RBOC Update;Sep2003, pN.PAG
Reports on an agreement between Cingular Wireless and NextWave Telecom concerning the acquisition of NextWave's spectrum licenses for Cingular. Statement issued by Mark Feidler, chief operating officer for Cingular Wireless; Terms of the agreement; Background on the companies.
- FCC OKs NextWave license sale to Cingular. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;2/16/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to allow bankrupt NextWave Telecom Inc. to sell spectrum in markets to Cingular Wireless L.L.C. Purpose of the proceeds of the deal; Rejection of an argument from Nextel Communications Inc. that Cingular is incapable to...
- NextWave fires litigation salvo to keep licenses. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p33
Highlights NextWave Telcom Inc.'s claim that the United States Federal Communications Commission is attempting to re-auction its licenses before a federal appeals court can rule whether it has the authority to do so.
- New Era For NextWave. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;2/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the business operation of NextWave Telecom. Speculation on the investments received by the company.
- Time Up For NextWave? Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;2/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the problems faced by the wireless communication service providers NextWave Telecom. Legal battle with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission for the spectrum; Previous investment capitals of NextWave; Outlook for the company.
- Another day, another appeals court for C-block debacle. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;02/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p24
Reports on bankrupt PCS operator NextWave Telecom Inc.'s filing of a petition for review with the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit `for protective purposes.' Company's filing of a longer and more-detailed petition for reconsideration with the Federal Communications Commission...
- AIR ERRORS. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;6/2/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 12, p24
Reports on the U.S. Supreme Court's decision that the Federal Communications Commission violated the federal bankruptcy law when it repossessed NextWave Telecom Inc.'s 90 spectrum licenses in the C and F blocks. Plan to sell its licenses to Cingular Wireless; Estimated value of the licenses.
- Anything But a Speedy Recovery. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;Jan2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p5
Presents several indications that the wireless industry will recover in 2002. Information on the resolution of NextWave Telecom in the United States Congress; Telecommunication companies' adoption of modest growth plans; Increase in business contracts between carriers and suppliers.