- Financing a stadium is tougher than winning a championship. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;09/22/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30235, p4A
Talks about the revenue bonds issued by Milwaukee, Wisconsin for the construction of a baseball stadium for the Brewers. Public ire against giving government aid to rich team owners; Cost of issuing convertible bonds.
- Stadium funds not dead, Milwaukee says. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/09/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30431, p5
Reports on the Milwaukee Common Council's approval of the three-part funding package to pay for infrastructure at the new Brewers baseball park. Amount of bonds to be issued for the stadium project; Repayment of the bonds with parking-related revenues; Remarks of key officials regarding the...
- New Football Arena Set to Rise in Texas School District as Funds Fall. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;8/9/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33562, p6
The article reports on the plan of the Allen Independent School District to issue 67 million U.S. dollars of general obligation bonds for school projects as work on a 60 million stadium continues in Texas. The district will also postpone construction of an elementary school for one year even...
- New Jersey Town Sees Light at End of Stadium Tunnel. Coen, Andrew // Bondbuyer.com;11/6/2015, p17
The article discusses the construction of a Major League Soccer stadium in Harrison, New Jersey and the rough financial patch faced by the town when it came to investment for the stadium and the downgrading of its general obligation bonds.
- Midwest Sees Mixed Results for Bond Questions, and New Faces in Office. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p34
Reports on the results of bond elections in the Midwest on November 2, 2004. School bond issue in Ohio; Sales tax increase for financing stadium renovations in Kansas City, Missouri; Bond measures in Detroit, Michigan.
- Miami-Dade Commission to Vote On $490M Plan for Marlins' Stadium. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/1/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32577, p8
The article reports that Miami-Dade County Commission in Florida is set to approve on March 6, 2007 a $490 million bond financing plan that will build a baseball stadium for the Florida Marlins. According to county manager George Burgess, the estimated cost to design, develop and construct the...
- Indiana Panel OKs Tax Package to Fund Colts Stadium. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/7/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32106, p4
Reports that lawmakers in Indiana have agreed to fund an Indianapolis Colts stadium and convention center. Uncertainty of the structure and amount of bonds to be issued; Approval of a tax package for the project; Schedule for the voting on the proposal by the U.S. Senate.
- Southwest Voters OK $8 Billion of Bonds, Including Cowboys Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth; Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p33
Reports on the results of bond elections in the Southwest on November 2, 2004. Bond financing of a stadium in Dallas, Texas; Bond issue for the expansion of the light rail system in Denver, Colorado; Sales tax and revenue anticipation financing plan for transportation in Arizona.
- D.C. Stadium Bill May Allow Private Financing, Officials Say. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32009, p7
Reports on plans to amend legislation drafted to implement a bond-financed proposal for a baseball stadium and related community development projects in Washington, D.C., to allow incorporation of private financing in the projects. City Mayor Anthony Williams' comments on the proposed amendment;...